Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Trederran Veteran Hero Class rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To those who may not be following the new Kickstarter or still on the fence, FFP has just added the rumored Trederran Veteran Hero Class as an exclusive to the new Forbidden Fortress KIckstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1034852783/shadows-of-b...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Büning
msg tools
Wow, that's an awesome extra! Don't like exclusive, but that makes my pledge definite. At least Sumo is a great deal, even if we just use it as another (super) deluxe Otherworld. Next will be a derelict alien hero, maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I really hate that they are doing this as an exclusive for Forbidden Fortress. Without even having it in my hands yet, it already feels like my Trederran set will be incomplete. For Forbidden Fortress backers it obviously is an awesome addition, but I have no interest in Forbidden Fortress because of the theme (Asian styled heroes and monsters are just not my cup of tea).
Not giving backers of the original SoB campaign any way of getting this without spending at least 100$ on the new kickstarter sure feels like a new low for FFP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Lieberoth Wadum
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand. Personally I don't want to wait for FF for that class. But as an enthusiastic FF backer, I'm happy to be getting it. If I wasn't already a backer, I would be now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphy
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gronlokk wrote:
I really hate that they are doing this as an exclusive for Forbidden Fortress. Without even having it in my hands yet, it already feels like my Trederran set will be incomplete. For Forbidden Fortress backers it obviously is an awesome addition, but I have no interest in Forbidden Fortress because of the theme (Asian styled heroes and monsters are just not my cup of tea).
Not giving backers of the original SoB campaign any way of getting this without spending at least 100$ on the new kickstarter sure feels like a new low for FFP.

Given that there are about half the amount of backers that there were for SoB, I'm guessing this guy will go for even crazier ebay prices than the Outlaw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Büning
msg tools
I feel for you. Normally, I also hate KS exclusives, because when someone buys the game in retail they will allways feel cheated by having an incomplete collection. Then they go to ebay and some "not so nice" person sells the exclusives for a 100 $. Happened to me with the Outlaw hero.

I don't think it is a new low, because everyone is doing it so it is the old low of KS campaigns in general.

However, best way to deal with it is go in for the pledge (and maybe sell the rest set on ebay again if you don't like it) or see it as a bonus that was never planned for the original Trederra anyway and thus your package is complete as it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tremblay
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Was really looking forward to the announcement of the earlier confirmed Trederran Defector.

Too bad one of the more anticipated future heroes (for me at least) turns out to be a KS exclusive. I suppose this is an attempt to sway people on the fence.
Didn't work in my case, just disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dont worry, I'll be buying extras in the pm. They'll be on eBay in about 18 months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Barnes
United Kingdom
Woolwich
London
flag msg tools
The Sumo level pledge is $100 dollars and includes 6 new hero classes, including the Trederran.

FFP charge $16.95 for a hero class on their website, meaning 6 hero classes would cost you $101.70.

Even if you ignore the Fortress, the Belly of the Beast, the Gear, Artifacts, Enemies, Encounters, Darkness Cards, and everything else that comes with the Sumo pledge that is still a fair deal.

As someone who missed out on the first kickstarter, and has had to buy everything I wanted at retail later, I feel that people who enjoy the game should see that the new Kickstarter is a really good deal. It also allows me to get the unique classes cheaper than even if they were available to everyone individually at retail later for the usual price of $16.95.

The core sets are such a great and economical way to boost the replayability and unpredictability of this game, that I would have thought that most Brimstone fans would see the value here.

I appreciate that it would be nice to have access to all the heroes for all players - I am missing the offiical outlaw, so I know how you feel, but we all know it is possible to get a proxy figure and access to the rules and stats if you are desperate to play an exclusive class but don't want to spend the money.

FFP are trying to make their Kickstarter more successful by offering an incentive for backers, and I can't really blame them, since it makes for a better game in the long run if we fund their product development and production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you really want the figure and dont want to back, then try to connect to a backer to piggy back off of. They can (hopefully) add another figure in the PM and then you'd just have to work out with them how to get it. Prob be best to find a backer in your country or region so shipping isnt horrible.

I was initially less excited for the theme, but I also wasnt super into the cowboy theme (but now love it), I also don't know a ton about Japanese lore and the more they add, the more and more interesting it is to me. The Forest of the Dead looks super cool and the painted undead samurai's look amazing (and hard!)

Anyway, if I only looked at games with genres I liked, I'd probably only have sci fi games. Even my favorite genre - Lovecraftian Horror - I only discovered through board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFP have pretty much confirmed in the comments of the new KS that additional copies of all the exclusive heroes will be available to purchase in the pledge manager once the campaign ends like the Outlaw was in the original campaign. So if you want to get one then I imagine you just need to pledge at the lowest level ($25.00), then you can purchase all you need. They haven't said what the price is yet though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They did confirm that the PM will only be available to those that at least pledged to the Lotus level ($25 level).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The biggest problem with this, as I see it, is the number of people now clamoring for an alt-gender version. Their "requests" teeter on the old adage "give them an inch...". But maybe my sarcasm filter is broken.

They did good giving us as new class. Be happy with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Green Angel wrote:
FFP have pretty much confirmed in the comments of the new KS that additional copies of all the exclusive heroes will be available to purchase in the pledge manager once the campaign ends like the Outlaw was in the original campaign. So if you want to get one then I imagine you just need to pledge at the lowest level ($25.00), then you can purchase all you need. They haven't said what the price is yet though.

Did they say that exactly? I'm not sure it's clear. Surely you'll have to pledge Sumo ($100) or Diamyo ($300) to get access to those exclusives? I wonder if the Trederran will require a "full" pledge. They have said if you upgrade later from Lotus to Sumo it will cost more:

Quote:
@Bradleykins "As far as i am aware it costs exactly the same as what is listed here so if you come through with your minimum and then wish to upgrade you get the same deal as long as the Pledge Manager is open. So if you can only afford Sumo ($100) you can do that then if you wanted to do Shogun you can up it to ($300) when the pledge manager is open and you can then set what rewards thats for - eg shogun level."
As we listed in the FAQ, Pledges of Lotus or higher will get access to the pledge manager and you can pay in the pledge manager to upgrade your pledge from Lotus to Sumo or Shogun, but it will cost more than during the KS. We do not have specific details, but when we launch the Pledge Manager, we will know what all was unlocked during the KS and have a better idea of the costs of all of that material. So, we will base the upgrade cost on that. During the KS, we want to reward people who believe in us and help fund the project to unlock SGs and make this a whole product line, so we have a fixed pledge price that is a great deal! If the upgrade cost during the PM was the same cost as during the KS, everyone could simply pledge $25 Lotus level and upgrade down the road, why commit now?

Quote:
@Cooperton "will we be able to buy extra copies of the kse characters in the pm?"
We had that option for the exclusive Hero Class in the last PM, so it would make sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the $25 pledge gives you access to the pledge manager, so you can upgrade later, but I'm not sure without upgrading, that you'll be able to add-on anything. It'd be a good question to ask them though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb

Gronlokk wrote:
... Asian styled heroes and monsters are just not my cup of tea ...

Yeah, neither were Western guys for me, but I got into it after having tried SoB and now I love it. I wasn't super-excited at the Japanese theme either, but I'm sure I'll get more into it just like I did with the Old West. It will be quite a change using characters with so much melee focus, as opposed to all my gun-toting Westerners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.