Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Yomi» Forums » Rules

Subject: Triggering / activating special abilities in general, Grave's Martial Mastery rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BG Geek
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
If abilities trigger in f.e. the Draw Phase, how/where do I have to play the card?

a) Into the play area and only for its special ability
b) Into the play area for both its main and special ability
c) On the dicard pile
d) Or close to it until the round is over or its ability is no longer active

Of course, this might be dependent on the context sometimes, and I would not really know, as I just finished my first few plays with the currently released german version.

So, as I mentioned Grave's Martial Mastery, what would be a concrete example?

In the Draw Phase I discard the 7/Martial Mastery discard and use/play its special ability:
I would draw 2 cards and then discard 1 card from all the cards at hand (and of course get a glimpse at my opponents hand).

Or do I have to/can I even discard the 7 as the 1 card after drawing 2 cards?
From my interpretation this can't be true as playing/triggering the special ability should remove it from your hand before the effects of the special ability can manipulate, in this case, discard it.

Or would I play it into the play area?
Using (having to!?) its main abilities for the upcoming fight?

Thanks in advance for any clarity here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
Re: Triggering / activaing special abilities in general, Grave's Martial Mastery
If you play a card for its ability, it's gone from your hand.
You can't discard the Martial Mastery for its own ability. After you play an ability, it's gone, unless the card specifically states that it's kept in the play area (like Midori's Dragon Form).

Using cards for their abiliy is different than using them for combat.
If you use the 7 in combat, the Martial Mastery doesn't fire and vice versa: if you use the Martial Mastery, you can't use the 7 in combat (again, unless the card specifially states something else, like Rook's special Blocks).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.