$15.00
$5.00
$20.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Conan» Forums » General

Subject: Best card sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Kegljevic
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear geeks,

I'm wondering what are the best card sleeves for Conan. I've considered the Mayday Mini USA 41x63mm and the Mayday Mini Chimera 43x65mm. I don't know which of these two has the best fit, since the declared size of Conan's cards is 42x63mm.

Anyway if you have other/better suggestions, I would be glad to read them.

Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kegla wrote:
I'm wondering what are the best card sleeves for Conan. I've considered the Mayday Mini USA 41x63mm and the Mayday Mini Chimera 43x65mm. I don't know which of these two has the best fit, since the declared size of Conan's cards is 42x63mm.

Anyway if you have other/better suggestions, I would be glad to read them.


Thread 1654757. TL;DR: FFG yellow "thin" sleeves fit the small cards well, but the "thick" ones are a fraction of a millimeter too narrow. Other options are discussed in that thread, and it also presents options for sleeving the character cards.

If you are considering sleeving the tiles, then (A) don't and (B) if you ignore (A) then see thread 1652718.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evaldas
Lithuania
Kaunas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday Mini USA 41x63mm fits
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Tudor
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Mayday Mini USA game size Premium sleeves 41 x 63 mm and they are too narrow. I can get the card about halfway in before I really would need to force it the rest of the way. Wondering if Evaldas is using the non-premium and they fit.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Delgado
United States
Downey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Swan panasia sleeves fit perfect,
43x65mm - Thin Sleeves - Schweinsgalopp

But, panasia sleeves tend to get this odd "friction" thing going on to them over time,.. I bought a pack over a year ago, and I'd rate that friction thing at 5 out of 10, not a deal breaker but off putting,..
Now the panasia sleeves I bought over 2 years ago for war of the ring, those need replacing! They squeak when you touch & shuffle them! Deal breaker

overall it sounds bad, but in truth, all the sleeves I've tried have been standard not premium?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PowerRing wrote:
Swan panasia sleeves fit perfect,
43x65mm - Thin Sleeves - Schweinsgalopp

But, panasia sleeves tend to get this odd "friction" thing going on to them over time,.. I bought a pack over a year ago, and I'd rate that friction thing at 5 out of 10, not a deal breaker but off putting,..
Now the panasia sleeves I bought over 2 years ago for war of the ring, those need replacing! They squeak when you touch & shuffle them! Deal breaker

overall it sounds bad, but in truth, all the sleeves I've tried have been standard not premium?



That's really weird, because i also have Swan sleeves of that exact same size and they are too big:



:-?

FWIW, i also don't like the weird "friction" of Swan sleeves - to me they feel like the wrapping of cigarette packaging.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Delgado
United States
Downey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I guess I got lucky with my blind 'Schweinsgalopp selection

but HEY!, I don't have that card your showing? Is it from one of the guest boxes?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Kegljevic
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Stephan, I've missed your previous post about the sleeves. It seems very useful.

If I've understood, the Mayday USA mini are tight fit sleeves, while the USA mini premium are not suitable because they do not fit at all. What about the Mayday Mini Chimera Premium? Has someone tried them?

The Swan sleeves shown by Danny seem also a very good choice. The difference between Danny's and Stephan's is all about thickness: according to their labels, the first are thin and the second are thick.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PowerRing wrote:
I guess I got lucky with my blind 'Schweinsgalopp selection


i will try to find a copy of the Schweinsgalopp sleeves - i seem to remember seeing some on smiling-monster.com when i was originally shopping for sleeves.

PowerRing wrote:
but HEY!, I don't have that card your showing? Is it from one of the guest boxes?


No idea - i don't keep track of which set each card came from :/. If you don't recognize it, it probably came from one of the add-ons.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
That's really weird, because i also have Swan sleeves of that exact same size and they are too big.

While your sleeves list the same dimensions, they aren't exactly the same product. Notably, yours are "thick" and his are "thin."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
sgbeal wrote:
That's really weird, because i also have Swan sleeves of that exact same size and they are too big.

While your sleeves list the same dimensions, they aren't exactly the same product. Notably, yours are "thick" and his are "thin."


True - i hadn't noticed that. Nonetheless, i would expect size AxB (from a single manufacturer) to be identical, regardless of the thickness. In practice, i have occasionally encountered that thick 41x63mm sleeves are too tight for some cards which do fit in thin 41x63mm sleeves, but i have never (until now) seen that thick sleeves are larger than their "thin" counterparts (as is apparently the case here).

#FirstWorldProblemsOfCardSleevers
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Emerson
United States
Holden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread had me really confused.

FFG (Fantasy Flight Games) only makes one thickness of card sleeves - premium/thick.

I sleeved my cards yesterday with FFG Yellow sleeves and they fit perfectly...

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/fantasy-fligh...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laine
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
Kegla wrote:
I'm wondering what are the best card sleeves for Conan. I've considered the Mayday Mini USA 41x63mm and the Mayday Mini Chimera 43x65mm. I don't know which of these two has the best fit, since the declared size of Conan's cards is 42x63mm.

Anyway if you have other/better suggestions, I would be glad to read them.


Thread 1654757. TL;DR: FFG yellow "thin" sleeves fit the small cards well, but the "thick" ones are a fraction of a millimeter too narrow. Other options are discussed in that thread, and it also presents options for sleeving the character cards.

If you are considering sleeving the tiles, then (A) don't and (B) if you ignore (A) then see thread 1652718.


Stephan's reporting is actually very misleading. He claims that his FFG Yellow sleeves are too small, but he is not using FFG sleeves--he's using a 3rd party off-brand and misidentifying them as FFG.

FFG Mini American Yellow sleeves fit perfectly.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
miesdeldolor9 wrote:
Stephan's reporting is actually very misleading. He claims that his FFG Yellow sleeves are too small, but he is not using FFG sleeves--he's using a 3rd party off-brand and misidentifying them as FFG.

FFG Mini American Yellow sleeves fit perfectly.


Indeed, my "FFG yellow" refers to cards marketed as "FFG yellow-size", be they FFG brand or not (because their color scheme is the way i remember/associate card sizes). Mine are an off-brand, the "thin" variety of which fits Conan just fine, the "thick" variety of which do not.

i will be more careful with FFG color references in future posts, but i'm not going to go back and edit this thread at this point.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.