Subject: Vassal module: need feedback for update rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Any Vassal module users out there with bugs or suggestions for improvement to report?

While playing a game over pbem I noticed a few things that I am fixing for an updated version:

1) remove the "sexualityXX.jpg missing" log errors

2) fix the continuos tiling of images when starting the module (bug related to previous version of Vassal)

3) add a report to chat for removed disks

4) remove the alpha hunter for Sea Sami

5) convert alpha hunter big cubes to cylinders

6) fix player hands location (currently showing offset left by several pixels)

7) start all sides on Polytheistic side (oops!)

I am also torn if there is perhaps a need to expand real estate for all 4 player sides, adding a couple extra slots for domesticated animals/inventions/trophies and extra space for disks. What do you think? I was striving to keep everything as tight as possible to fit on a typical screen, but perhaps this makes it hard to manage for players with lots of inventions or disks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
barbanera wrote:

1) remove the "sexualityXX.jpg missing" log errors

I apologize that I don't have anything constructive to add. But I always hate it when my "sexualityXX.jpg" goes missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ward
United States
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil, no need to get too upset anymore, there are lots and lots and LOTS of them on the Internet now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mb
Add the ability to shift North or South row separately at the beginning of the game so that it is possible to play the linked game of Neanderthal-Greenland. Reminder: for each ice sheet in Neanderthal apply a global cooling to the appropriate row in Greenland (one row, not two rows).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
improove wrote:
Add the ability to shift North or South row separately at the beginning of the game so that it is possible to play the linked game of Neanderthal-Greenland. Reminder: for each ice sheet in Neanderthal apply a global cooling to the appropriate row in Greenland (one row, not two rows).

Well, I posted version 2.1 of the module to the Vassal website with this option as well as the other changes indicated in the first post (including extra playing area). It should be visible there in the next few days, when it passes moderation.

Everybody please let me know if you find any issues with the new release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
improove wrote:

Pawel, Tell me more about how to combine Neanderthal and Greenland into a single game! I want to include this in the next Greenland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.