Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Zombie link and spawning rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Goeshi
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something rare happened the other day. I was playing a scenario with Audrey when a zombie re-activation card was drawn, she began her free turn and used an action to open a door. The first room spawn card was another re-activation card! In this situation do I spawn the remainder of the building before activating her? Or does she get to run riot in an empty building? The rules imply the activation is immediate, and therefore the second option is correct, but it just feels ridiculous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
correct, you first do the extra activations, before continuing to spawn.

the idea of zombielink is more as a defense ie you get a chance to either kill zombies that are poised to attack due to the extra activation or just move out of the way just in time to save you and perhaps some fellow heroes too.
not really meant to open new buildings in the zombie phase

the correct order would be to work with "nested" activations;
-audrey performs her 2nd extra activation
-the zombies perform their 2nd extra activation
-you then continue spawning for the building zones
-audrey continues the rest of her first extra activation
-the zombies perform their first extra activation.

its not clear in the rules, as they rather advocate that everything stops to perform the extra activations (ie no nested activations so you wouldnt do steps 4-5 above) but that can feel incomplete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goeshi
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
the idea of zombielink is more as a defense ie you get a chance to either kill zombies that are poised to attack due to the extra activation or just move out of the way just in time to save you and perhaps some fellow heroes too.
not really meant to open new buildings in the zombie phase

Even if it's not meant to be used to open buildings, it's still possible to draw activation cards while spawning a building normally, and therefore be able to move about unimpeded before any zombies appear. I feel the skill should probably be clarified to state that all spawns are resolved before the Zombie Link skill kicks in. It'd make more sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
-audrey performs her 2nd extra activation
-the zombies perform their 2nd extra activation
-you then continue spawning for the building zones
-audrey continues the rest of her first extra activation
-the zombies perform their first extra activation.

I agree with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.