Subject: Level two Storekeeper embassy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you replace a storage building with a farmer building, does the new farmer building take up one of the three shed spaces or one of the twenty normal building spaces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Puls
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
As you like. There is no restriction. You can put the new building either on one of the three storage places (that is why there the brighter spots there.) or on the normal places.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This leads me to a follow up question.

On the colony card, it says to replace storage with a farmer building, but in the appendix description, it says to replace the storage building with a building of the same type of worker as was required in the replaced storage building?

Which is correct? I'm assuming the latter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Both are correct. You replace Storage Sheds with farmer buildings, Storage Houses with citizen buildings and Storage Depots (or Halls - forgot how we called the level 3 storages) with merchant buildings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. I missed the subtle difference in terminology.

This game is absolutely fascinating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We'd not noticed the subtle graphical clue that you could build on the storage spaces until one of your playtesting and demoing team members pointed it out to us.

Initially I thought "what a potentially unless ability", but in Era IV storage became less important than building space until the two-merchant building was purchased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
We'd not noticed the subtle graphical clue that you could build on the storage spaces until one of your playtesting and demoing team members pointed it out to us.

Initially I thought "what a potentially unless ability", but in Era IV storage became less important than building space until the two-merchant building was purchased.

Also a fine way to turn a few tools and a few resources into a pile of VP at the end of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you build normal buildings on the bright spots in the storage area WITHOUT using the Storekeeper ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the building spots for storage facilities can be used for normal buildings as well.

Note that you cannot build a storage facility on a regular building spot so when you use the storage building spots for regular buildings you deny yourself the option to expand your storage (unless you raze the building later to make room for a storage building).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

We'll eventually get everything right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have a follow up question. Where is the worker of the replaced storage building placed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It goes home, like when you upgrade or raze a building. If the building you build instead needs the same kind of worker, you can put it to work there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Annemarie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.