Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a species to the left of a carnivore has symbiosis, then it can NEVER be attacked by that carnivore. Is this correct?

1. If it is bigger (or equal) than the carnivore it cannot be attacked (size rule)
2. If it is smaller than the carnivore it is protected by the symbiosis trait.

You could use intelligence to nullify the trait. But why would you! it is your own species.

I guess it makes sense thematically. But it seems counter-intuitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GregDarcy wrote:
You could use intelligence to nullify the trait. But why would you! it is your own species.
Because you would have no better choice. And because breeding livestock is one possible strategy.

And yes, thematically what you describe may sound a little absurd. Rather starve to death than eat that bird picking food from my teeth, said the croc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Your carnivores could also have pack hunting, in which case the symbiotic species wouldn't be protected by being bigger than the carnivores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yup, in this case Symbiosis has no effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.