Subject: Hera in the game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am ithe only person who want to see Hera in the game???zeu's wife....any info for her?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
They've said she's on her way. And I thought there was a picture of her from one of the cons, but I can't seem to find it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She's reponsable for what happened in the story of the game,so yeah she's in.

and you can see her atwork:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-H Boudje
France
VENSAC
Gironde
flag msg tools
mb
I think charon is on artwork too, but not really planned in that project yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Hi there,

Yes Hera is a very important God in the game… she released the Titans and the destruction of the world is partly due to her jalousie.

As all character in the game she has a very unique gameplay which fits her Myth… But I cannot tell too much or I will spoil the surprise… I will just remind she is the God of fertility. So what fertility may mean on Mythic Battles' battlefield? Any idea?

Benoit (Game designer of Mythic Battles: Pantheon)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benoit0905 wrote:
So what fertility may mean on Mythic Battles' battlefield? Any idea?

I can think something up! ^^
1. She can use more recruitment points than other Gods;
2. She can replenish 1 lost unit in a troop per turn;
3. She can summon unlimited new units to the table (as far as the cards in your hand allow);
4. She can regrow trees that are thrown;
5. All of the above..
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
You are a good one You found it! Now which one is it?… Let me give you a clue: it has nothing to do with trees
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benoit0905 wrote:
You are a good one You found it! Now which one is it?… Let me give you a clue: it has nothing to do with trees

I hope for 1) of course, it's always nice to field a big army! Would make her the opposite of a titan. And relatively strong in a 4 player game, as an absolute recruitment bonus is stronger if you add it to 8 than if you add it to 12. I'd expect a titan to be relatively weaker in 4 player games as well.
There will be penalties for that of course, because of the balance.

In any case: looking forward to her! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured regrowing trees would be something that Gaia would do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Teowulff wrote:
Benoit0905 wrote:

I hope for 1) of course, it's always nice to field a big army! Would make her the opposite of a titan. And relatively strong in a 4 player game, as an absolute recruitment bonus is stronger if you add it to 8 than if you add it to 12. I'd expect a titan to be relatively weaker in 4 player games as well.
There will be penalties for that of course, because of the balance.

In any case: looking forward to her! laugh

Yeah you got it… Congratulation

But I ensure you that it is perfectly balanced to have extra Recruitment Points whatever the number of players. The reason is, if you assume that any god is worth 6 Recruitment Points, if Hera is weaker than other Gods and that she is worth 5 Recruitment Points only, this weakness could be offset with the fact that she gets 1 extra Recruitment Point… This is just an example And I think it is perfectly balanced whatever the number of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benoit0905 wrote:
Yeah you got it… Congratulation

But I ensure you that it is perfectly balanced to have extra Recruitment Points whatever the number of players. The reason is, if you assume that any god is worth 6 Recruitment Points, if Hera is weaker than other Gods and that she is worth 5 Recruitment Points only, this weakness could be offset with the fact that she gets 1 extra Recruitment Point… This is just an example And I think it is perfectly balanced whatever the number of players.

Wow!! Thank you VERY much Benoit! laugh

Very curious about when she will het revealed and what her other stats, special abilities and number of activations will be.
Her sculpt is really very pretty, if the Essen pictures are the final version!
And of course even more anxious to play the game and find out how she really plays, still a long way to go, I hope next Christmas!!

PS In the meantime I can play a game designed by one of your countrymen, Mare Nostrum:Empires and play with a lot of the characters and heroes that wil make it into MB: P too! ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Teowulff wrote:

Very curious about when she will het revealed and what her other stats, special abilities and number of activations will be.
And of course even more anxious to play the game and find out how she really plays, still a long way to go, I hope next Christmas!!

PS In the meantime I can play a game designed by one of your countrymen, Mare Nostrum:Empires and play with a lot of the characters and heroes that wil make it into MB: P too! ;-)

You are welcome. Hera should come pretty soon

Yes, her final sculpt is the Essen version.

As specified on the KS page, you should indeed receive Mythic Battles: Pantheon by Christmas 2017

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benoit0905 wrote:
Teowulff wrote:

You are welcome. Hera should come pretty soon

Yes, her final sculpt is the Essen version.

As specified on the KS page, you should indeed receive Mythic Battles: Pantheon by Christmas 2017

Before or after christmas????? hehehehehehehe...............benoit as you understand We are looking forward for this game a lot!!!!
Can't wait to see HERA........
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
matsas wrote:

Before or after christmas????? hehehehehehehe...............benoit as you understand We are looking forward for this game a lot!!!!
Can't wait to see HERA........

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2PzaHrWk6I

And there she is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ΗΕΗΕΗΕΗΕΗΕΗΕΗΕΗΕΗΕΗΕ there she is.............
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please!!!!!!!!!! NO MORE VETERAN HEROES.... DON'T PUT THE SAME HERO IN A DIFFERENT VERSION!!!!!!PLEASEEEEE
In this expansion (Hera) the scenarios are only for 2players????(to bad for me)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well every major expansion adds a new unique mechanism so I assume that the the Hera expansion will be one of the only ones with the veterans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caibre wrote:
Well every major expansion adds a new unique mechanism so I assume that the the Hera expansion will be one of the only ones with the veterans.

the unresting Voice of Olympus answered that question with:
"these veterans were for the campaign. It's possible that we might do more, though I don't think any are currently planned. I'm not sure "OAP Buss Pass" would be such an exciting Power for Odysseus."
so a maybe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.