Subject: Card Count rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John C
United States
Dodge City
Kansas
flag msg tools
Is there a list of cards in each game? I am missing a single card (176 vs 177) and am trying to figure out which one I am missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Williams
msg tools
Ropes4u wrote:
Is there a list of cards in each game? I am missing a single card (176 vs 177) and am trying to figure out which one I am missing.

Not that I'm aware of, but given the guidelines in the Promo Pack 3 rules, I'm going to say that there's seven of each non-Carnivore trait card, so if you find a trait that only has 6 (or that you've only got 22 Carnivores) you've found your culprit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thedarkfiddler wrote:
...I'm going to say that there's seven of each non-Carnivore trait card, so if you find a trait that only has 6 (or that you've only got 22 Carnivores) you've found your culprit.

177-22=155, but 155 isn't evenly divisible by 7. There must be some other distribution, right?

Edit: 7*22=154. There are 22 traits, not counting "Carnivore." So maybe there are 22 "Carnivores," 8 of something else, and 7 each of the remaining?

Edit++: I would appreciate a card breakdown, too. After mixing in my conversion kit, I have 170 cards (unless I'm terrible at counting).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Horton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
There are always 7 of each trait, and the rest are Carnivores, so if there are 22 traits: 7*22=154, 177-154=23 so 23 Carnivores. If you're playing with the conversion kit, there are 17 Carnivores in the base game, and thus 6 carnivores in the conversion kit.

Hope that helps

Edit: the conversion kit replaces all of the Carnivores in the base game, so the number in the base game doesn't matter: there are 23 Carnivores in the Conversion Kit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, there are 7 of each trait card and the rest are Carnivores. We'll need to know the food numbers on the 6 cards remaining in your possession in order to send you the trait with the correct food number in the leaf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In checking the base game, there were 17 Carnivore cards with the following distribution:

The Climate Conversion kit has 23, in this distribution:

And this is what is included in my Flight box:
-4 -3 -2 -1 8 7

Just want to make sure that I'm supposed to fully replace the original 17 AND the 6 from Flight with this, or am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
The CLIMATE conversion kit is supposed to be added to Evolution, not Flight. So the first thing to do is remove your Flight cards. Then follow the instructions in the Setup. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
The CLIMATE conversion kit is supposed to be added to Evolution, not Flight. So the first thing to do is remove your Flight cards. Then follow the instructions in the Setup. Let me know if you have any questions.

Are there supposed to be more Carnivore cards in Climate than in the base game? Am I supposed to use all 23 from the conversion kit in the base game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's why the cards come in the conversion kit. I could talk from memory, but it's probably better for you to look at the rules and follow the setup. The rules tell you what cards to take out before shuffling in the cards from the CLIMATE conversion kit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John C
United States
Dodge City
Kansas
flag msg tools
perfect, I am missing a longneck but I have faith they will send me the missing card. Love the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:

I messed this part up a little. While pulling cards out of my deck, I automatically yanked the Fertile cards; the only thought in my tiny brain was "eggs=birds." shake:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.