Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Begg
Canada
Uxbridge
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've been looking at some of the auctions on here, but always hesitate because I don't want to be surprised by some ridiculous cost of shipping. So . . . to all that experienced buyers/sellers, how much is shipping, typically? And yes, I understand that some boxes are larger or smaller than others. I'm just looking for a ballpark estimate.

Thanks, All!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Canada: probably in the $15-$20 range, depending on the distance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For US to Canada: the shipping calculator for the USPS, which is what people should use to Canada so you don't get hit with extra fees, is at usps.com

https://postcalc.usps.com/

Say I wanted to send a 3 lb box from my house in NY to Quebec (Just as a random calculation)

It would be $36.50 First Class and $39.40 Priority.

If it was a small card game that would fit in a small flat rate box, those are $24.95

Since I don't know city to city where the items are going or how heavy they are, this is just one example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan B.
United States
Shelby Township
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure about Canada, but shipping using the flat rate 2 day priorities for me is anywhere from 10-18 bucks depending on size. The board game priority box (think Ticket to Ride) is 13 bucks I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Begg
Canada
Uxbridge
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorry, Everyone - I didn't realize that you could see my origin (Canada).

A friend will be heading to Florida for a couple weeks and he'd be able to bring back anything that I send down there, therefore, I'm just looking at the shipping within the U.S.

Sorry for the confusion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dannydeuce wrote:
I am not sure about Canada, but shipping using the flat rate 2 day priorities for me is anywhere from 10-18 bucks depending on size. The board game priority box (think Ticket to Ride) is 13 bucks I think.

The OP is in Canada, so we gave Canada to Canada or US to Canada answers. If he's able to drive over the border and get it in the US, shipping would indeed be much cheaper than international.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Begger41 wrote:
Sorry, Everyone - I didn't realize that you could see my origin (Canada).

A friend will be heading to Florida for a couple weeks and he'd be able to bring back anything that I send down there, therefore, I'm just looking at the shipping within the U.S.

Sorry for the confusion!

The shipping calculator I provided works for within the US too. If someone is in Florida, they can send it non-flat rate, which could be $8-10 for a game. If flat rate from California, $13 for a game flat rate is about right (a little cheaper if they print the label online).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.