Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mo Carlson
United States
Unspecified
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
On the UK and Australia Games Workshop site, you can preorder the new edition of Blood Bowl. Looks like it will be $99 in the U.S. when it goes live here.

One interesting point is on the Australian site they list the first seven teams that will be released after the box set with humans and orcs.
Those teams are:
Skaven, Dwarf, Nurgle, Elf Union, High Elf, Dark Elf, Wood Elf.

I think that is too many elf teams in the first wave. I was hoping for a wider selection of race... Like undead, goblin, halfling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Those are the same teams that are in the Death Zone Season One book, so not really any new information here but probably good to have here on BGG for those who haven't read it elsewhere.

I agree its a lot of elves but elves are popular with a lot of players and they can't do an Elf Union team unless they release models for the three Elf teams. And besides, elves, orks and dwarfs are pretty much the three pillars of fantasy races.

Hopefully in season two, we will see chaos dwarfs, goblins, halflings and undead teams. I have a fondness for Amazons and Khemri as well, but don't expect to see Khemri in the first two years. Amazons, maybe.

Also, this should have been posted in the 4th ed. forum. Not everyone looking for 4E news is subscribed to 3rd edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo Carlson
United States
Unspecified
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for telling me about the listing for the new Edtion. I searched for Blood Bowl (4th Edtion) prior to submitting my original post but nothing popped up. I see, now, that it is listed as Blood Bowl ( 2016). Ah well, is there away to move to this thread?

Also I agree that an elf team should be in the first wave and that for a union team they would to release all three. I just would have preferred the high elf and dark elf team be release in the 2nd wave, so we could have more races sooner.

In any case, it is good to have BB back. Hope the U.S. Preorder goes live soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
my FLGS is having a Blood Bowl launch event on the 25th. They got a bunch of posters and fliers and "drill" exercises for teaching the game as well as a couple of advance copies in yesterday, and started in-store preorders on Monday, so I'm already covered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaven are one of the teams available launch day.

Day 1 is Blood Bowl box (Humans & Orcs), Skavenblight Scramblers, Skaven Dice set, Deathzone Season 1.

All we know production wise is that the Dwarf team is still a month or two away from retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.