GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,869 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

The Arrival» Forums » General

Subject: Likelihood of Fomori overrun at the end? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Kocur
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone played a session where game scores based off lowest corruption. It seems like everyone really has to work at having the fomori occupy more places than the tribes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Mordred it was a groupthink issue, so you could play with people where it was never likely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not in my two plays.

But in our 4p game we triggered the end by hitting the threshold on the corruption track in round 3. And before the action phase the Fomori had the majority, but during the action phase it one player took the majority from the Fomori by building 8 settlements. Without her doing this, I would have won by lowest corruption, so I came in third and she landed on place 2 vs. 4th. Clever move, although not really intentional as it was a learning game for most of us

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yegor Sadoshenko
Ukraine
Dniepropetrovsk
Dniepropetrovsk region
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hellp wrote:
Not in my two plays.

But in our 4p game we triggered the end by hitting the threshold on the corruption track in round 3. And before the action phase the Fomori had the majority, but during the action phase it one player took the majority from the Fomori by building 8 settlements. Without her doing this, I would have won by lowest corruption, so I came in third and she landed on place 2 vs. 4th. Clever move, although not really intentional as it was a learning game for most of us

How could you build 8 settlements in 1 turn? I thought you were allowed to build only once per turn (or twice if you take the action again).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
8 in the whole round, not turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yegor Sadoshenko
Ukraine
Dniepropetrovsk
Dniepropetrovsk region
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hellp wrote:
8 in the whole round, not turn.

cry Silly me.

I forgot you had to repeat all the actions. Now it's all clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Euringer
Germany
Scheyern
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
not in our Plays until we played a variant - just posted it in the variant section of the Forum "Thematic Corruption Variant"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.