$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
Nathanaël Dufour
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My gf and I decided that while we LOVE the Legacy aspect of games, our friends won't be willing to commit to a full 15 sessions of 2+ hours.

Which is why we decided to try it solo. So far we like it a lot. My girlfriend while quite capable of being a ruthless pirate, finds it more enjoyable to be an explorer.

I've been a bloodthirsty raider during the past two games, and I'm now thinking about playing Merchant (buying and reselling goods, t myo home market)

Some thoughts

- I'm unsure how much harder things will get. Is there anything we can do to emulate the competition/tension a 3rd player would bring to the game ? I don't want to create houserules which might turn out to be incompatible with future events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You might want to check out this thread from someone who's completed the game: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1660984/just-finished-2-play...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Liddle
United States
Sandpoint
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might consider removing 2 or 3 of each color of the resource cubes, just to keep it a little fiercer.

I think having an automa 3rd player might be better though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanaël Dufour
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers ! We're loving the game so far *4 games + prologue, 3 boxes opened. No houserules yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you'd like to tighten up the game, you could look over some ideas I posted here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1620398/seafall-automa-v11

Note that this "automa" is not an additional faction (ie, it's still the two players against each other), but provides a tool to tighten up resources a bit. It is untested, so caveat emptor. Or whatever the equivalent is when you don't pay anything.

Based on our current progress, I would say that there are no outright incompatibilities yet, though there is some stuff in ... well, Box 3, I think ... that the automa wouldn't interact with. But I also think it's ok that it doesn't interact with those things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.