Popular Tags: [View All]
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game looks amazing, but I am worried, whether all symbols
will be well recognisable.

Some look pretty similar, unintuitive or just smudges of a red paint.
Also the pictures of monsters may be pretty original and artistic, but they do not identify the minis well.

I think Deep Madness team should consider this and perhaps make symbols
more clear and recognisable. They could also consider putting a small picture of the mini on proper monster card or something like this to help with identification.

You thoughts about this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly my thoughts!

This has been adressed during the kickstarter though, and Diemension Games took notice of it.

They might change or redesign the monster cards, but they didn't have any concrete plans how the final version will look.

Ideas for improvement:

-change some of the symbols
-make the symbols and numbers bigger, and in a color that stands out from the background
-print a black silhouette, or a picture of the monster model in a corner of the card (additional to the art)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Larkus
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with you concerning the symbols. Especially on the monster cards. But I think those will be tarot sized, increasing the symbol sizes quite a bit when you have them in front of you.
The symbol for resilience and trap rating could still use some work, since the one for resilience looks too much like the one for health and the trap rating looks like nothing really. But I guess it's a circle with a "trapped" dot inside against the investigators' circle with "escaping" strands. Range, damage and madness are easy to differentiate and all in all I think they are ok, fit the theme and surely will be easily recognized after a few rounds in the game.

About the monster art on their cards, I just hope they don't change a thing there! I'm a huge fan of the art and putting the minis on there would ruin alot. Good idea would be to put the monsters names under their bases.

Edit: Might also be a possibilty to put a clearer artwork or small reprensentations of the minis needed on their spawn cards. Since it's when you draw these that you need know which monster to put down on the board. So maybe monster artwork and render of the used mini on top, and on the lower part name and amount spawned. Or just art and name on top and the mini together with amount spawned below.
I think atm it's just a tentacle thing (or the sphere?) with numbers that tells you the number of rooms and monsters spawned in them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.