Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Hayden
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Has anyone achieved this one yet? I'm unsure exactly how it works. Spoilers:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The related Strange Chart says to complete an explore action in an empty sea space and that, if done after 3 colonies are founded/active, it will complete the Fable Reborn milestone and unlock a special island (sorry, I don't have access to the exact language). It simply says "empty sea space," though, which according to the rules is any, well, empty sea space. It doesn't have to be in one of the columns coinciding to any of the islands lining the board. However, if by completing the action we will reveal an island, it seems that should be in one of those columns.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only explore empty sea spaces in columns without an island
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Liddle
United States
Sandpoint
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It also grants 3 extra successes, so when I unlocked this in our last game, I skipped to the nine difficulty / 3 glory row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You resolve this almost the same way that you resolve (Box 2 spoiler)
Spoiler (click to reveal)
normal island discovery. Just like normal island discovery, you choose an empty sea space in uncharted waters in a column that doesn't have an island yet. As normal, you'll have to draw and resolve an uncharted waters card at the end of your Sail action. If the result is that the space is no longer empty (ie, you find an atoll), then you can't look for an island there, with or without the Strange Chart -- but you usually have the option to either ignore the uncharted waters card, or to move to an adjacent (preferably empty) space and not draw another card.

Once you find yourself in an empty sea space, you take an exploration action to look for an island there. In this case, you choose to use the Strange Chart (possibly in addition to other charts). Then you perform the usual exploration endeavor. If you succeed while using the Strange Chart, then you follow the rules on the Strange Chart card and associated milestone *in place of* the normal island discovery rules (which would be to choose a random island sticker and read the entry on that sticker). You will be told what to do next.

Also, my recollection is that you collectively need four colonies to exist in order to use the Strange Chart, not three "active" colonies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.