Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Jenkinson
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
C'mon FFG. You didn't expect this game to be this popular? I have been so excited for the game since the summer announcement, eagerly awaiting the release.

Trying to support my FLGS -- I preordered through them more than 2 months ago. I've been waiting for the call from them, and decided to ring them today... looks like my preorder was lost. No more copies. Out of luck.

Attempting to find them online in the US is impossible at this point, and I'm not paying $60+ for EU with shipping. Looks like I'm without the game for a month now until the second printing...

SO... please enjoy the game for me. I'll sit here mildly bitter waiting to have fun with the rest of you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you should rename it your ILGS, as in "Incompetent".

Getting screwed like that REALLY sucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Parolini
United States
Mendota Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like its more you LFGS fault than FFG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
koraldon
Israel
holon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Welcome to Asmodee policy of "underprint", I explained it elsewhere, but basically from what I was told they print less than expected to both create more demand for the game and make the reprint worthwhile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
koraldon wrote:
Welcome to Asmodee policy of "underprint", I explained it elsewhere, but basically from what I was told they print less than expected to both create more demand for the game and make the reprint worthwhile.

I don't doubt they were conservative with printing, but there's also the phenomenon of people buying multiple core sets (because reasons). It's hard enough to figure demand on a 1:1 basis. I have no idea how you plan for people buying multiple copies of a base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
badge
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I had it bad: received the package from my FLGS today - could only be Arkham Horror The Card Game. Opened it with trembling hands and a smile on my face, only to find some comic books. The labels on the boxes got switched, so my games are somewhere in Jutland, far from me. This means I won't have my games until sometime next week.

You've got it worse. I feel for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Jones
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, that sucks. As others have said - I'd be cross with FLGS rather than FFG. Feel for you. At least you can try it online in the meantime, if you're that way inclined.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brenycz
msg tools
mb
I couldn't find a copy at any stores in my area. Many didn't know what it was and thought it was the original Arkham Horror board game. So I am also in the waiting game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blayne Miley
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same experience, waiting for my local stores to get a copy or for the online retailers to get back in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dudeman Blarg
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It also doesn't help many people bought a second core further chipping away at the available supply all because FFG can't get their **** together. FFG, if you expect people to buy a 2nd core to complete their set, then at least produce more to accommodate. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
koraldon wrote:

And to ensure they don't get stuck with unsold product. Potential profit not made is theoretical; money spent on unsold product taking up storage space is not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soullos wrote:
It also doesn't help many people bought a second core further chipping away at the available supply all because FFG can't get their **** together. FFG, if you expect people to buy a 2nd core to complete their set, then at least produce more to accommodate. shake

But they don't expect it, they simply offer it as choice. Even still, it's a very difficult thing to analyze correctly; especially for a brand new concept and design like this one is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Howsare
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
kelann08 wrote:
soullos wrote:

But they don't expect it, they simply offer it as choice. Even still, it's a very difficult thing to analyze correctly; especially for a brand new concept and design like this one is.

Of course they expect that people are going to buy multiple copies. Theyv'e been making lcgs for a while now.

They obviously can't predict EXACTLY how many people are going to buy 2 sets vs 1, but they definitely expect that a portion of their customer base will do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was another thread where someone expected more in in about a week or so. Might be not all the shipment came in at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
The US dollar is strong against the Australian dollar, there are lots of copies here. I love this game, so sorry to hear you pre-ordered and are missing out. Pre-order woes are a real bummer, been there and feel for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ober
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I noticed you're from Indy. You might check with Family Time Games on the north side. I'm not sure he's got any copies now, but I was talking with the owner yesterday, and he said he had 24 more copies on the way and they should be here in the next week or so. Hopefully you can snag a copy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edmonton911 wrote:
Man, that sucks. As others have said - I'd be cross with FLGS rather than FFG. Feel for you. At least you can try it online in the meantime, if you're that way inclined.

Since FFG declared that FLGS are great and OLGS are ... not. They are responsible for bad Games Stores. This sort of behavior is typical in my experience for many game stores. Now with protectionism from FFG they have less incentive to improve their service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
youperguy wrote:
Edmonton911 wrote:

Since FFG declared that FLGS are great and OLGS are ... not. They are responsible for bad Games Stores. This sort of behavior is typical in my experience for many game stores. Now with protectionism from FFG they have less incentive to improve their service.

My FLGS is great. I guess I have FFG to thank for that .

To the OP, that is rotten. I don't know how loyal you are to them, but I would stop giving them my money gor a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
There will always be bad retail shops just like there will always be bad online shops. That has nothing to do with FGG's policies. FFG's policies have a lot to do with the fact that they need physical spaces to host their organized play events and promote those events. Online shops will never be able to do FFG that same service.

That said I certainly wouldn't preorder anything from that store again. I've been to stores like this where they are pretty unorganized on how they handle preorders or special orders. It's unbelievably aggravating to find out your request was lost or worse they just never got around to it. Of course these places are run by human beings and mistakes happen, but they are also a business and should conduct themselves in a professional manner. OP did they try and rectify the problem or did they just throw their hands up and say sorry? If they didn't attempt to fix the issue then I agree with Robbie M. I would probably stop supporting them for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not Telling
msg tools
I preordered off Amazon and it claims it'll be shipping this week. Now if it actually does or not remains to be seen, I'm hoping though! Really excited to play this.

I went to a local game store to see if it was there and when I asked about it the guy working didn't even know what it was. He thought I was asking about the arkham horror board game. Needless to say, weren't any copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If it is any consolation, this IS a card based game which means re-prints will be able to be churned out more quickly than a standard Board Game. Also, like most FFG LCGs, they always play better after a few expansions and the first cycle of card packs are added in. I generally wait at least 6 months after the core box comes out before I jump in so that the card pool is more fleshed out. Also, this will provide a larger pool of investigators to choose from when you first start your campaign. With all the other HPL games already out there, plenty to keep on busy until this game's ecosystem gets to the optimal point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
youperguy wrote:
Edmonton911 wrote:

I can't even find a LGS near me willing to stock the AH or LOTR LCG. I live outside a major metro area with 5 gaming (7 if you count B&N) to comic/gaming stores within a 20 min drive. They all felt that co-op LCGs just do not sell fast enough to stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bruce
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
If he is from Indy then go to Game Preserve up by the Fashion Mall. I picked up 2 copies there and they had half a dozen left over after reserves. One or two extra copies of Scythe in stock also

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I intentionally pre-ordered pretty late with my FLGS and know I'll only be on the 2nd round of deliveries.

I have no idea when that is, though it was nice that the FLGS called me to let me know I wouldn't be on the first round (which I thought was quite likely).

I did order before deliveries started, but not that far in advance (sometime this month, can't recall exact date).

I have a copy from Arkham Nights, which is why I didn't mind. Getting a 2nd copy is not a priority. I'd like one, but do not need one as much as those without a copy at all.

Anyway, when the 2nd batch start coming, I'll let you know since I'm on that list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Digman
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Testing...1 2 3
mbmbmbmbmb
Level Up Games has 5 or 6 in stock yesterday. Located in the Twin Cities area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.