7 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: I finally won a game... my conclusions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Bowling
msg tools
mb
After getting destroyed with Roland twice and Wendy once, I pulled out a win on my 4th go with Wendy.

My conclusions of this game:

1) I love it
2) The chaos bag hates me
3) Planning the order of actions such as evade, move, etc is the difference of winning and losing
4) The chaos bag HATES ME!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Oh
msg tools
mb
I'm with you on the chaos bag. 50% chance of getting what I need. And then I pull out the instant fail. Happens more times then it should...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
Congrats! Is this a win for the full campaign or scenario 1?

Best advice for Chaos Bag, don't say the t-word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bowling
msg tools
mb
Just the first scenario!!!

Just played through it with Agnes which is basically an easy button (on medium difficulty).

After listening to mythis busters I was expecting this to be easier than passage Through Mirkwood but holy crap that is definitely not the case. Maybe it was so easy for them because of multiplayer. I hope that this isnt always the case. If I recall correctly FFG said that they eant this game to be true solo-able from the get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
First 3players game here tonight, we won with a Skids rendered insane by the horrors he'd been through and the loss of his house. The same skids participated 12 wounds during the final battle with a combination of switchblade and machette (that's what a gangster does, doesn't he?) and a loyal but soon-to-be dead dog.

Unable to pay the hospital fees the Skids ended this first adventure with two mental traumas and ony two experience points.
So unfair for such a heroic Skids...

BUT... he definitely enjoyed the ride (I was him actually XD!)

Next stop: second scenario on wednesday (I suppose)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Play a game the other day and we just kept pulling that -4. It was ridiculous. Most of the time we'd be like "we got this as long as it's not the tentacle or that -4 token.....come on!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Danev
Bulgaria
Dimitrovgrad/Plovdiv
Haskovo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Epic win after our first game, 4 players. The last turn of the game 1 inv just died, I took 1 rss, used Burglary for another three and with 5, threw dynamite at the Priest, who was in the Hallway with other 2 inv. I killed them and the priest was with his last point of damage. Because of "Hunter" and me - last standing inv, he came to me and my dog killed him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.