Hide
4 Posts

Struggle for the Galactic Empire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Initial setup sequence? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon McGuire
msg tools
New to the game ... when you're setting up the first turn, do you place the Imperial units first, or do you run the chaos events, then place your units in response?

I'm guessing the player goes first (since so many events involve flipping those units) but the v2 rules don't explicitly describe an initial setup sequence, only the conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MV10 wrote:
New to the game ... when you're setting up the first turn, do you place the Imperial units first, or do you run the chaos events, then place your units in response?

I'm guessing the player goes first (since so many events involve flipping those units) but the v2 rules don't explicitly describe an initial setup sequence, only the conditions.

I'm not sure I understand your question; as in most games, setting up happens before the first turn. You set up the units on the map as described in the specific scenario, and then you start playing the first turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the scenarios have you set up all units and then during each scenarios first turn ONLY you run the specified number of CHAOS events, then finish the rest of that turn normally.
Russ is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon McGuire
msg tools
Got it. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.