Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You can vote for more than one.

Poll: Blood Bowl 2016 Team Polll
Which Blood Bowl team do you most want to get your grubby mitt on?
Amazon
Chaos
Chaos Dwarf
Dark Elf
Dwarf
Elf (United)
Goblin
Halfling
High Elf
Khemri
Lizardman
Necromantic
Norse
Nurgle
Ogre
Skaven
Undead
Vampire
Wood Elf
Other
      216 answers
Poll created by KoalaXav
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo Carlson
United States
Unspecified
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was the one player in my old league that loved the halfling team. I think I only won one game with them, but as Jervis Johnson once pointed out... "If you coach a halfling team, you have to expect to lose."

Part of the fun of Blood Bowl was that not all the teams were equal. Most had an equal chance to win with similar skilled players, but there was a narrative delight in fielding a team of halfling to go up against a bunch of orcs... Even if I have to replace half the team at the end of the match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Indeed. You don't play Halflings because you want to win. You play Halflings for the love of the game. And even if they lose 80% of their matches, the time they win is going to be that much more impressive.

I agree. It's good that Blood Bowl has 'underdogs'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan R
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Chaos, chaos Dwarf, Dwarves, Gobilin, Necromatic, Nurgle, Ork, Skaven, & Undead.

So, with release, 2 teams accounted for. Woo hoooo!!!!

7 to go... Pesky human scum..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
What makes the undead so special?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I understand there is a Nurgle team. Was there ever aything regarding the other 3 chaos gods?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mordai wrote:

Isn't the fact that they are undead enough? Mechanically, their main advantages are regeneration (50% chance they go to reserve box rather than injured box when suffering a casualty) as well as being a good bit cheaper than equivalent players for other teams. So while a zombie or skeleton lineman may not be terribly impressive, they are easy to put back together, and cheap to replace when that's no longer an option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mordai wrote:

Mummies! Without the need to sacrifice ballhandling (*cough*Khemri*cough*). Plus, killing an opposing player and adding him to your roster as a new Zombie player devil .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard or read that skaven and dwarves will be plastic but that the other teams will be resin. Is there any confirmation on that?

If the teams come in plastic, lizzies would be my choice just because I like those models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
photo ben
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lizardmen. I'll probably wait until they come out to buy this game, I know my mate who used to play this when we were kids had a Skaven team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
privateer4hire wrote:
I've heard or read that skaven and dwarves will be plastic but that the other teams will be resin. Is there any confirmation on that?

If the teams come in plastic, lizzies would be my choice just because I like those models.

Skaven 100% confirmed because they are already for sale, they are part of the day 1 launch. You can already see the push-fit sprues. We've seen the Dwarf models on display at Essen, I reasonably sure they'll be plastic too. We know that Forge World is responsible for the wider range, we just don't know where the production cut over between GW/FW is going to be yet. I think part of it will be just how successful the reboot is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan R
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Going through the FUMBBL rosters, I have changed my votes. I will most likely pick up a lot of the teams. But I can't wait for Ogres vs. Halflings!! Love for Snotlings! & Trees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
165 votes and a week later, it seems the most popular team is undead, narrowly edging out lizards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan R
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
KoalaXav wrote:
165 votes and a week later, it seems the most popular team is undead, narrowly edging out lizards.

For those of us who can't decide, you can pick more than one team...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Vroomer wrote:
KoalaXav wrote:

For those of us who can't decide, you can pick more than one team...

I know. I started the poll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jany Vanderlinden
Belgium
flag msg tools
Fan spotted
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe a not so smart question, but are there already more release dates known? As I can see only Human/Orc (core game) and Skaven are available..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, all we know is the Winter Pitch is mid December and then Dwarves 'Soon'. That's all we have for date info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave van Zundert
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For me it is very easy, I love playing the human team! So the core set is a must buy for me and i still have the olders set and star players. I am good to go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K J
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually NONE. Won´t bother to spend cash when owning cpl teams already.
Will also only buy the base game if it´s possible to play single plr in some way. Team (Blood) Manager of some sort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rox4Games wrote:
Will also only buy the base game if it´s possible to play single plr in some way. Team (Blood) Manager of some sort.

Sounds like you are entirely the wrong audience for this game then. You should just get the video game if you want to play by yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete R.
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaven! Can't wait to try them out and learn how to play them. Must buy for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Højbjerg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rox4Games wrote:

There's as much single player in Blood Bowl as there is in chess.

But some people enjoy playing chess against themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K J
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, fine then. Will stick to just paint a cpl of the teams already owned then instead, from the last version.
And Blood Bowl computer game? Already owns it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.