Subject: (Sort of) News on a reprint from Z-man rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
boardgamechic
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Announced here that:

"The order for a reprint has been sent to the manufacturer. No info yet on when it will return to stores."

Anyone out there from Z-Man got an info on whether there will be any changes to the new edition that would stop people picking up a copy of the earlier printing in the wild?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I don't think there will be any changes, just a reprint. Have you heard of any?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe they'll give the inkwell an ability?
LOL!
laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
LOL!
laugh

Yes!

Dip it into the Inkwell
Instead of spending 3 camels, you may - as a bonus action - place a colored die there to take a black die from the reserve. However, you don't roll that black die, but instead set it to the number of pips of the colored die you used.

P.S.: Just kidding. This is is a rule I just made up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Painkeeper wrote:
killerjoe1962 wrote:
LOL!
laugh

Yes!

Dip it into the Inkwell
Instead of spending 3 camels, you may - as a bonus action - place a colored die there to take a black die from the reserve. However, you don't roll that black die, but instead set it to the number of pips of the colored die you used.

WOW! That's awesome and it makes sense, the die placed there turns into the black ink color.

I really like that a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Gingrich
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
Painkeeper wrote:
killerjoe1962 wrote:
LOL!
laugh

Yes!

Dip it into the Inkwell

WOW! That's awesome and it makes sense, the die placed there turns into the black ink color.

I agree with mortego. That's an awesome idea. Definitely adding it to our house rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tylergingrich wrote:
killerjoe1962 wrote:
Painkeeper wrote:
killerjoe1962 wrote:
LOL!
laugh

Yes!

Dip it into the Inkwell

I agree with mortego. That's an awesome idea. Definitely adding it to our house rules.

Maybe add that it can only be used once per round?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin Pastorius
United States
Great Mills
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Painkeeper wrote:
killerjoe1962 wrote:
LOL!
laugh

Yes!

Dip it into the Inkwell

Wouldn't this be a wash? Trading one die for another of the same number? I'm only asking because other people are saying they're thinking about using it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
colcakes196 wrote:
[...]

Wouldn't this be a wash? Trading one die for another of the same number? I'm only asking because other people are saying they're thinking about using it.

The advantage comes from the fact that you cannot use your own dice more than once on the same action space. However, you are allowed to use black/white dice over and over.
Sometimes being able to repeat the same action without expending 3 camels may be a saver.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Eppler
Germany
Braunschweig
flag msg tools
colcakes196 wrote:

Black dice are limited.Sometimes it is just a good move to take one as to prevent others from having it.So this perfectly would make sense. Also it is like "wait what the others are doing" move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh man I want this game, but it's impossible to buy it . I guess check again in late Jan?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.