$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
Ima Dork
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me or does the cost of a game board, alone, seem quite high to any fans of this game, especially when compared to the cost/contents ration of the base game?
I'd suggest that, with the exception of the new Mysterium expansion, the Asmodee Formula D expansions have the highest (worst) price to box contents ratio.
Not cool IMO

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fine with the price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan James
United States
Covington
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Yes, they are a bit pricey. That said, I think the boards are more expensive to manufacture than you give them credit for. Then there are the development costs, including artwork and testing.

Suppose Asmodee did all the testing and artwork and gave it away in electronic format. Very generous. We could then have our own board produced. Here are a few options.

The Game Crafter has six-fold boards for $20. These are half as thick as the Formula D board. Shipping is perhaps $6.

Print & Play Games will make a similar custom board (single-sided) and ship it for ~$27.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Spas
United States
Rescue
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so.
Think about it. Expansions for other games can be well in the $50+ price range, and they usually only come with one board.

These come with two tracks (and sometimes with new rules), so IMO, well worth the coin.

I just wished that they would come out with more tracks... :(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.