Subject: Low number of cards problem rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Przemyslaw Zenker
Poland
Mosina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could somebody please explain to me, how huge battles with lots of impact points described by some players, would happen in this game?
It seems the problem is in number of cards available to players each turn.

Let me explain my point; you get 5 cards each turn, must spend 1 for initiative, then on average 1 each in A & B segments for Movement. You can spend 0 or 2 cards as well but that`s still 1 card per Movement phase on average especially, that sometimes 1 more card will be spent on Force March.
So you are left with only 2 cards for combat and 1 of them will be discarded at the end of turn.

Next turn you start with 5 new + 1 left over. So 6-3=3:2 RFU=2 cards left.

On turn 3, you start with 5 new + 2 cards left. Again 7-3=4:2 RFU=2 cards left and so on, so on the same till the end.

Now you might receive some cards for your lost blocks in battles and sieges but you spend some for Mori Recruitment as well. That means only 3-4 cards available for entire turn for combat purposes in segments A&B. If you keep your stacks homogenous, you might get 3-4 different-MON cards and vice versa. It seems really tough to do anything. Then you redraw cards after each skirmish so planning beyond next stack movement seems impossible or pointless.

Am I doing anything wrong? Or is there any popular variant rule perhaps allowing to increase number of cards drawn every turn?
Thanks a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what you wrote, I can't immediately see that you are doing anything wrong rules-wise.

However, playing zero cards for minimal movement is far more common for us than what you seem to experience in your games. Also don't forget about drawing six cards when you have the most castles. Castle dominance should be contested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn von Knorring
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
The picture is a swedish cartoon-figure Herman Hedning. English info here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Hedning
mbmbmbmbmb
Also don't forget you get +1 card when having most recruitment points. Sieges is also good for slowing down your opponent as well as get new cards (+1 card for each block lost in a siege).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
myth1202 wrote:
Also don't forget you get +1 card when having most recruitment points.

If by "recruitment points", you mean resource locations, then that is not correct. If you control more resource locations, you get an additional block in the Reinforcement Step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn von Knorring
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
The picture is a swedish cartoon-figure Herman Hedning. English info here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Hedning
mbmbmbmbmb
Kubigaruma wrote:
[q="myth1202"]If by "recruitment points", you mean resource locations, then that is not correct. If you control more resource locations, you get an additional block in the Reinforcement Step.

Correct, my bad. I took it from memory.

Move along. Nothing to see from me here:-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Have you played any games yet or just read the rules?

Start fights. I've played 4 games and have never had one go as you describe. My hand shrinks and grows throughout the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are compensated cards through the loss of units during battles and sieges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also you replace every card you play during battle (including loyalty) and gain more for losing units!

Also in Siege you gain 1 for each unit you lose instead of 1 for two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.