Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Korric Morgan
United States
Holyoke
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1. PI-441 in a safe location: "You may interact to gain 1 evidence." If I choose not to interact with PI-441, does he just remain in the location with no effect?

2. Therry Pewtery in a hostile location: "If you cannot attack him, move the time token 1 space down on the day track." If I have enough AP to attack him, but choose to ignore or evade instead, do I move the time token?

3. Angelina Beed: "Companion: Encounters suffer -1 Attack, -1 Ignore, or -1 Evade." I can just take the companion without having to spend any AP, correct?

4. AI-Roid Repair Shop: "You may use 2 extra AP with any AI-Roid you encounter here to gain 1 evidence." Can I do this regardless of how the encounter goes?
4a. Example 1: If I only have 2 AP left, can I spend this for the 1 evidence, then take the beating from the AI-Roid?
4b. Example 2: BH-432 states "You must interact to proceed." If I'm playing as Belinda Carlile (+1 AP to interact), I can't afford the interaction if I have 2 AP left, but I can still afford to pay the 2 for the evidence. Can I do this?
4c. Example 3: If I'm playing as another agent encountering BH-432, can I still choose to spend my last 2 AP for the 1 evidence, and then, since I have no AP with which to interact, BH-432 gets reshuffled into the investigation deck?

5. Savino's Night Club: "You may not interact with humans here." Patricia Day (human): "You must interact to proceed." What happens when I encounter Patricia at Savino's?

6. Jason Hicks: "You may interact to take him as a companion. Place him in the Infracorp Building location as soon as you can." Why would I do this? I don't see any advantage nor disadvantage.

7. The rules state that it can be played by up to 4 players, but only has solo rules. Are there multiplayer rules available anywhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korric Morgan
United States
Holyoke
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A strategy question just came to mind also:
When entering the hunt phase, the new investigation deck consists of:
1. The suspect
2. All of the explored locations from the appropriate district(s) along with all of the encounter cards stacked with those locations
3. The remaining cards from the original investigation deck

It appears to me that this means that I'm still going to have to go through clue cards and locations from the wrong district, even though it is known that the suspect isn't in that district and no further evidence is needed. Is there any reason at all to not go as deep into the deck as possible before hunting for the suspect to avoid these additional cards? I see absolutely no reason to not wait for 8 evidence to hunt, as this will get you further into the deck. There is no time benefit to hunting at 6 or 7 evidence as this would be more than made up for by not having to go through a larger remainder of the investigation deck.
As a followup to that, must I hunt as soon as I gather 8 evidence, or could I continue further through the deck before beginning the hunt?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
korric2000 wrote:
1. PI-441 in a safe location: "You may interact to gain 1 evidence." If I choose not to interact with PI-441, does he just remain in the location with no effect?

Yes

korric2000 wrote:
2. Therry Pewtery in a hostile location: "If you cannot attack him, move the time token 1 space down on the day track." If I have enough AP to attack him, but choose to ignore or evade instead, do I move the time token?

"Cannot" should be read as "do not"

korric2000 wrote:
3. Angelina Beed: "Companion: Encounters suffer -1 Attack, -1 Ignore, or -1 Evade." I can just take the companion without having to spend any AP, correct?
yes

korric2000 wrote:
4. AI-Roid Repair Shop: "You may use 2 extra AP with any AI-Roid you encounter here to gain 1 evidence." Can I do this regardless of how the encounter goes?
yes

korric2000 wrote:
4a. Example 1: If I only have 2 AP left, can I spend this for the 1 evidence, then take the beating from the AI-Roid? Yes
4b. Example 2: BH-432 states "You must interact to proceed." If I'm playing as Belinda Carlile (+1 AP to interact), I can't afford the interaction if I have 2 AP left, but I can still afford to pay the 2 for the evidence. Can I do this?
yes

korric2000 wrote:
4c. Example 3: If I'm playing as another agent encountering BH-432, can I still choose to spend my last 2 AP for the 1 evidence, and then, since I have no AP with which to interact, BH-432 gets reshuffled into the investigation deck?

Yes

korric2000 wrote:
5. Savino's Night Club: "You may not interact with humans here." Patricia Day (human): "You must interact to proceed." What happens when I encounter Patricia at Savino's?

You leave her in the location

korric2000 wrote:
6. Jason Hicks: "You may interact to take him as a companion. Place him in the Infracorp Building location as soon as you can." Why would I do this? I don't see any advantage nor disadvantage.
let me get back to you on this

korric2000 wrote:
7. The rules state that it can be played by up to 4 players, but only has solo rules. Are there multiplayer rules available anywhere?

I was planning on writing multiplayer rules, but I had some serious health issues, and never got around to finish those up... Then time passed by, and actually dropped the idea altogether... I might pick it up again, though.

I apologize if my answers are not all that detailed, but I haven't been playing this game in a while, and my rules "lawyering" is a bit rusted.

If you encounter more issues, let me know: I wrote the game in between surgeries and chemotherapy, so the rules were a bit rushed for the pnp contest and some things might have slipped through proofreading and play testing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korric Morgan
United States
Holyoke
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. I certainly hope that things are far better for you nowadays.

Thank you for responding. You answered every rules question I had. The only remaining questions I had were relating to strategy (question #6 and the follow up questions in my second post). As it's been some time since you've played, I understand that those would be tedious questions to consider.

I'm very impressed with how well you were able to capture such a solid cyberpunk noir feel in such a small package.

Thank you for creating it, and I hope you're doing well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.