Ticket to Ride: 10th Anniversary» Forums » Rules

Subject: 1910 rules: do they really matter? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
F Gavril
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everybody..
The anniversary edition of TTA was my first game in this series, so all this time I've been playing by the normal rules, being a complete stranger to the 1910 rules.. I noticed early on the 1910 and big cities logos on the cards, so I knew they came from some expansions, but I always thought of them as 'more of the same', never thinking that the rules for those cards might be slightly different. Now that these rules have come to my attention I've gathered that we've been playing a variation of the mega game, with all cards and all bonuses, the only difference from the 'official' ones being the number of tickets we get/draw (at setup get 5/3 keep at least 3/2... and during game draw 4/3 keep at least 1/1)

I know this doesn't matter compared to the awesome times we've had playing this game (more than 80 times shared with loads of friends) but I was just curious if this rules difference would somehow make the game experience different. In my mind all I see different is just an easier time on getting the routes you need, being that you have more cards to choose from when you draw tickets. I see the way we've been playing as a a 'hardcore' version of the mega game, but I may be wrong.. so that's why I came to you!

I'd be interested to know what your thoughts are on this matter.. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We switch back and forth. Sometimes the Mega-Deck, sometimes just 1910. The classic is occasionally too crowaded in the east coast cities for more than three players. Mega, you just don't know what you're going to draw.

If we feel real competitive we play the Big Cities.

Each is different. We do use the bonus' for the game we choose. Not sure why but we do. By not having all of the bonus' can, in some, really change the game style of play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
filipgavril wrote:
I'd be interested to know what your thoughts are on this matter.. Thanks

I would personally say that I agree more or less completely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F Gavril
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both for your input ! I think we'll stick with what we've been doing so far, maybe with a slight reminder to our friends that there are 'other' ways to play.. If they'll be interested we'll give it a shot

Cheers!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.