Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I allowed to place a tile anywhere I want when I'm not covering an income field? For example, when I get my first tile, can I choose to cover up a bunch of -1 fields instead of starting on the lower left? Or do tiles I place have to start in the lower left and each placement much touch a previous to work my way up to the top right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can place anywhere you want except if you cover an income spot when the spaces below and to the left have to be covered
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezra McNichols
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You are certainly allowed to. However, the income early game from covering the income spots is huge. I don't know if any viable strategy exists where you ignore income completely. Don't forget that income is effectively points as well, since every money is worth a point, and often nets you much more than a point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
I see, thank you.

The reason I asked is that I remember watching a video or two where it was said that you start in the lower left and work your way up to the upper right. I took it as a rule (like in Grand Austria Hotel or something) rather than gameplay advice, but was confused when the rulebook did not mention anything like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Jamieson
United States
Midway City
California
flag msg tools
mb
A reason you might want to fill the home board elsewhere in the early game is to activate bonus spaces, especially if you have occupations that manipulate those bonus resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Reitberger
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also totally neglect you home board in the beginning and only fill up negative points later on. Saw that played with > 100 points but not winning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.