Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chris saman
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an opportunity to buy 1 core, 1 EoD and the entire Hoth cycle. I won't be investing any further so my question is: with casual play with the same 2 people is there any overpowered/underrepresented factions. with almost 1000 cards I'm assuming the opportunity to tweak decks/replayability is very good. any reason not to jump on board without 2 core and 2 EoD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The hoth cycle offers some good Rebel pods, and most of the other stuff is ok. A lot of the pods in the hot cycle are a bid odd, and don't fit in well with other synergies.

With one core, and one EOD the rebel deck will probably be best, as it has the most consistent synergies between core and both cycle. Sith and Smugglers will be hit and miss, possibly really good when they get their best units, and they may not do so well when they don't. Jedi will be similar, but weaker that Sith. Navy likely has some solid synergies to be decent. Scum and villainy will probably be nearly unplayable unless you purposefully build a weaker light side deck to compensate. This situation might work if you actively build scenarios (specific deck matched to each other) rather than building the best deck possible for different factions.

It's hard to say all in all. What you are looking at I would regard as FAR from ideal for having a fun balanced pool of SWLCG cards to play with, particularly if you're really committed to not getting anything additional. I would recommend waiting for another deal, because I think that overall the decks to which you have access will be very hit and miss. People are regularly buying and selling SWLCG. I would really wait to get, ideally 2 core, 2 EOD and one of each of the Big Box expansions (except the multiplayer expansion, it's not necessary, and has limited use.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris saman
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the advice...appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Chris,

It's great to see that there's another SW:LCG player in town! I would be happy to meet up sometime to play the game with you, and introduce you to the community of players in Ottawa if you're interested and when you're ready.

The best decks with what you've got will be Sith ft. Motti on the Dark Side, and Jedi ft. Han, Chewie and the Falcon on the Light Side. But yeah, you'll struggle with inconsistency until you get a few more expansions. A second core and EoD is advisable as well.

Cheers,

Drew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CPBelt
United States
Fern Park
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toss in one more core set and IMO you are good to go. It's pretty much what my son and I played with for a while. It's been great. Look for the 2-core starter deck threads. Another thread also give decks for 2 cores and EoD. If you like the game, you can get a 2nd EoD. It's all gravy after that.

BTW I got the two cores, Hoth, and 2 EoD at a con flea market from a fellow for $30! It's my favorite Lcg/Ccg, and I have many. You will want more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.