GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,913 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Project: ELITE» Forums » General

Subject: Possible storage solution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bypassing the horror of the KS campaign for now...once I got the game there was no way it would fit in the core set with all of the extra minis and the expansion - especially with the nice but inadequate tray. I didn't want to have to cart around three separate boxes when ever I wanted to play it so I came up with a possible solution.

It starts with a simple arrangement of the two map boards and the dice - yes, odd I know.

Then in go the objective pieces.

A tray of the "regular" aliens.

The cards, heroes, tokens...

Finally, the bosses and special aliens.

Here are all of the trays.

Now there is no way all of those will fit in the box and the lid will cover them so I extended the lid by using the sides of the expansion box. All of my boxes took a bad hit during shipping and replacements are on the way but this kind of works and doesn't look completely like crap. (I did have to add height to the Boss tray where I mis-measured D'oh!)

It is not the most elegant solution but it is something to start. I am sure some creative fellow members will devise something much better but this is what I came up with. I hope it helps if the three box solution is bothering you as much as it did me.

Thanks for looking at my project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Valdez
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoaaaaa, any storage solution is a solution at all. I still have all my pieces in little baggies, which get really tedious. What did you use as compartments/trays?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sigh. What I wouldn't give to have to worry about storing my non-existent game pieces...

C'mon, Drawlab, when's it gonna be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lancer4321 wrote:
Sigh. What I wouldn't give to have to worry about storing my non-existent game pieces...

C'mon, Lancer4321, wrong thread.

quidom wrote:

Very nice work! Thanks for sharing.

Nayr090 wrote:
What did you use as compartments/trays?

It looks like homemade foamcore trays.
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/115468/foam-core-insert-m...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thomas is quite right...just foamcore engineering. But, it takes a lot as there are so many trays. That's why I didn't remake the Boss level and just added a little more height to its walls. Bush-league, I know.

Hang in there, Lance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb O
msg tools
I also got the Adrenaline expansion. My storage solution is putting the boards and all cards (aliens, items, heroes, setup, etc) into the Adrenaline box. The minis and everything else goes into the base box. Tossed the extra box from the Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple and efficient!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodolfo Montenegro
msg tools
nice

what about the wodden boxes next to the setup cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NINJA_ARG wrote:

what about the wodden boxes next to the setup cards?

Oh yeah. Good eye!

Those are some plastic crates I bought on ebay to use instead of search tokens or for some player-created missions I am working on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Jones
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThomasDN wrote:
[q="Lancer4321"]Sigh. What I wouldn't give to have to worry about storing my non-existent game pieces...

C'mon, Lancer4321, wrong thread.

quidom wrote:

WOW, not a lot of sympathy for a guy that still has no game in December. I get it, you got yours and want to fake complain about how hard it is to store. Do you also tell Tiny Tim at Christmas to pipe down about being hungry because you're talking about just how full you are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What, albert?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
msg tools
quidom wrote:
What, albert?

Exactly my reaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.