Subject: Ideal # of players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Heilman
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
I've bought this and I'm looking forward to playing it, but since it's a one-and-done deal, I wanted to ask what an ideal group size for the game might be.

I see the BGG poll says Best with 4. Is that the case for all puzzles? If anyone's played and wanted to offer anecdotal opinions, that would be awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mmmmm...delicious cheese coney...
mbmbmbmbmb
nyfilmfest wrote:
I've bought this and I'm looking forward to playing it, but since it's a one-and-done deal, I wanted to ask what an ideal group size for the game might be.

I see the BGG poll says Best with 4. Is that the case for all puzzles? If anyone's played and wanted to offer anecdotal opinions, that would be awesome.

I would go with 4 players for all of the puzzles. you could probably get away with 3 players and be OK. I would not try the escapes with 5 players or greater. That would result in unwanted downtime for players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4 seems to be ideal for us.

Rather than play one game of say 6 players (we did it for first scenario and some players just sit there feeling left out). I would recommend playing it once with 3 and then letting repacking it (its easy to do), and letting the other 3 play it after you are done.

In fact, I wrote another post about going in and printing things off before you play the first game, so others can play right after. There is nothing spoilery about it and it allows more than one player to be looking at a clue at the same time, so it helps with the downtime effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blackwell
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
How about 2?
I want to buy this game for my wife and I... she loves puzzles like this. Could it work with 2 players? Any pifalls with this low player count?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as both of you are fully committed to the task at hand you should be just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mmmmm...delicious cheese coney...
mbmbmbmbmb
bbblackwell wrote:
I want to buy this game for my wife and I... she loves puzzles like this. Could it work with 2 players? Any pifalls with this low player count?

Two sharp and engaged adults will do just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.