$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Every time the hate machine for Scott Adams fired up in here I found myself chuckling. Here's a successful and clearly razor-smart modern wit explaining in actual sales and business terms why he thought Trump would win. And that infuriated the RSP majority. Almost every one of you college educated and some even doctorate level. But that doesn't make you smart or even capable. It means you passed some tests and logged some hours in the university of your choice.

I knew Adams was right because I have spent over 40 years selling things, with a varying degree of success. But what Adams spoke about when it comes to how convincing the creation of visuals in the prospect's mind is speaks to the success I have had, not the failure. You Libs turned on Adams shouting at each other how much smarter than him you are and how Dilbert sucks and essentially calling him stupid and deplorable.

But he was right, wasn't he? Which means you were wrong. I'm not unhappy you guys were wrong, I've been here since the beginning and if I know one thing about RSP liberals it's that you add new dimensions to the concept of being wrong. You guys are the masters of anti persuasion. Nonetheless, what I also found persuasive -- and what has already been demonstrated by Trump -- is the A/B method he talks about. Having owned several successful business (all of which I started from scratch) and also having been a sales and marketing trainer I think i know a thing or two about the concept of trial and error. I have a 12X20 storage unit that is testimony to my A/B style of running a game store. Yes, it's full of unsold junk, but I can afford to keep it because of the massive amount of sold junk that passed through my store over the decades.

I'm certain that Trump could use his spare time successfully curing cancer and solving the perpetual motion problem and the only thing that would matter to most in here and most haters out there is that he doesn't like Mexican rapists and had the temerity to call them what they are. So be it. As a person who did not want Trump to be president but also really did not want Hildebeest in that office I can at least be somewhat impartial. Whatever Trump is he isn't from the conservative camp I am a part of. But it's possible that he could be, in the end. I've read a couple of Reagan biographies and it's pretty surprising where he started politically compared to where he ended up.

Anyway, I just wanted to say to you RSP Libs, who are my favorite Libs - "You guys are so fucking ignorant! But I still don't hate all of you."

Here, eat this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
You should 'append' upon: "...don't hate all of you, JUST the Dutch ones!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D. Williams
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Hildebeest" is funny!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never been in business or know much about the field, but one of my good friends who is, loves Dilbert. When I once told him I thought some Dilbert cartoons were funny but nothing amazing, he told me that if I worked inside an office environment, I would appreciate it more. That was a good point.

As for Trump, it's interesting that Adams mentioned his style of speech was a positive thing. All through the campaign, I'd wonder what so many people glommed on to. I found his speeches rather ordinary, even dull. His, "I know words. I have the best words," would crack me up every time I'd think of it.

The one politician in the 2016 campaign I thought was an engaging, gifted speaker was Rubio. In my mind, he was the best speaker, Republican or Democrat, since Reagan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Tomlinson
United Kingdom
Oldham
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't you post just a few days ago about how you didn't understand how anyone with two brain cells to rub together could think the election wasn't in the bag for Clinton?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
I knew Adams was right

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24131286#24131286
DWTripp wrote:
I still don't understand why anyone with two brain cells to rub together believes that anyone but BrunHillary will be allowed to win on Tuesday. Sorry Koldie, maybe I'm way more jaded than you but this thing was determined several years ago and the last 2 years have been little more than theater.

We don't really have elections for president any longer - not really, really. We have decisions made by the shrouded elites and then we take who they decide. I doubt there will ever be another *republican* president in America. It's too risky for the decision makers and too hard to control people if they suddenly get the idea they have an actual say in things. Imagine how awful it would be if America suddenly became sovereign again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greldin wrote:
Didn't you post just a few days ago about how you didn't understand how anyone with two brain cells to rub together could think the election wasn't in the bag for Clinton?

QFT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tripp (curses peace be upon him), dude, I ran a freaking poll on Scott Adams that was positive, and I'm as Left as they come.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Idaho Gaming Store Owning Master of the Ladies, either you think secret elites control every election, or that a master persuader can persuade millions of voters. (Via free daily MSNBC coverage, no less.) Which is it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
damiangerous wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
I knew Adams was right

DWTripp wrote:
I still don't understand why anyone with two brain cells to rub together believes that anyone but BrunHillary will be allowed to win on Tuesday. Sorry Koldie, maybe I'm way more jaded than you but this thing was determined several years ago and the last 2 years have been little more than theater.

We don't really have elections for president any longer - not really, really. We have decisions made by the shrouded elites and then we take who they decide. I doubt there will ever be another *republican* president in America. It's too risky for the decision makers and too hard to control people if they suddenly get the idea they have an actual say in things. Imagine how awful it would be if America suddenly became sovereign again.

LOL. D'oh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
But he was right, wasn't he? Which means you were wrong. I'm not unhappy you guys were wrong, I've been here since the beginning and if I know one thing about RSP liberals it's that you add new dimensions to the concept of being wrong.

Hold on a second here. No doubt, I jeered at Adams' arguments, but I stand by that; the stuff that he said that I thought was stupid, I still think was stupid. Just because he was right about the outcome (and I was grossly wrong) doesn't mean his reason for believing in the outcome is right. If he says the sun is going to come up tomorrow because it's actually Trump's golden hair driving a chariot, whipping four naked doppelgangers of Ted Cruz across the sky, and I laugh and say that's stupid, and then am surprised when the sun does come up tomorrow, that doesn't mean I should start waking up in a cold sweat at the thought of naked Ted Cruzes crouched at the corners of my bed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Adams was only right about the election in the sense that most fortune tellers are right and why prophecy predicts whatever the hell ends up happening. He made lots of predictions, couching most of them with plenty of caveats, and then after the fact shifted to answering the question of what gave him the amazing insight to know exactly what was going to happen all along.

His "big" prediction wasn't merely a Trump win but a Trump landslide. He also predicted that Hillary would win (after a bunch of women came forward and accused Trump of sexual assault/misconduct). He also predicted that Trump would be running unopposed (for all intents and purposes) because his keen hypnotist eyes let him see that Hillary was seriously unwell and would inevitably succumb before the election.

Someone who claims a blowout one way and then a victory the other way isn't "right" when the actual outcome is a normal electoral college win with a statistical tie in the popular vote.

I think Nate Silver gets a lot of credit because even though he had it wrong in a binary sense (i.e. if he had to pick a winner he would have picked Clinton) he always expressed the uncertainty and his description of why Trump could be down in nearly all the polls but still win matched pretty well with what happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
DWTripp wrote:

I'm certain that Trump could use his spare time successfully curing cancer and solving the perpetual motion problem...

You mean in his spare time he would suspend the laws of physics? shake http://www.kostic.niu.edu/2ndLaw/Perpetual%20Motion%20Machin...

(Although I could see Trump being delusional enough to try. devil)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Maybe this was originally a draft of the "no connection to reality" thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
I knew Adams was right

DWTripp wrote:

LOL. D'oh.

He didn't say he was for her. He said he believed TPTB would ensure she would win regardless, like Assange did.

I, however, was betting on Trump.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
damiangerous wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
I knew Adams was right

DWTripp wrote:

live look at dw tripp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
einsteinidahosu wrote:
Mr Idaho Gaming Store Owning Master of the Ladies, either you think secret elites control every election, or that a master persuader can persuade millions of voters. (Via free daily MSNBC coverage, no less.) Which is it?
Where is his Female "companion" been lately? It is akin of "the Joker" without "Harlequin" accompaniment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
I knew Adams was right

DWTripp wrote:

Paranoid Tripp. At least he feels a little more comfortable the "shrouded elites" don't have as much power as he thought.

You'd better sleep with one eye open, Tripp. The shrouded elites don't like people that out them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
einsteinidahosu wrote:
Greldin wrote:

QFT

I did. I was 100% positive that it would be me out in the street chanting "Not my president". I was wrong. But not about what Adams said - he's right about why Trump has appeal but I still was shocked that Trump won.

Actually, when I woke up this morning I was still shocked. I absolutely believed that the Clinton team would pull it off, and that the media being 95% in the bag for Clinton would overcome the Wikileaks and the stank of Bill's rape history.

I was wrong. but then so were about 25 million other people and about 50 million Hillary voters. How did this guy win? How? Even with his "master persuader" chops and even with me agreeing with the inherent talent and salesmanship - I was honestly amazed when I woke up Wednesday and Hillary had melted.

Fuck.

Yeah, and to the guy who said he thought Rubio is a good speaker, so do I. But Rubio is a good speaker about policy and platforms and wonky stuff. That has very little appeal outside the newsroom or the Beltway.

* Edit

Just noticed that a couple of you morons yet again wasted precious time searching my posting history for anything that you could find to, I don't know, to make you feel better about yourselves? I mean Sue I can understand she needs all the help she can get in the self-esteem department, but Greg? C'mon man, you know I'm pretty good at admitting when I am stumped or wrong. It's just not a thing that happens often because I'm almost never wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
I'm not your lover. I'm not your friend.
badge
I am something you will never comprehend.
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of Scott Adams, this is worth reading.

Quote:
The protesters look as though they are protesting Trump, but they are not. They are locked in an imaginary world and battling their own hallucinations of the future. Here’s the setup that triggered them.

1. They believe they are smart and well-informed.

2. Their good judgement told them Trump is OBVIOUSLY the next Hitler, or something similarly bad.

3. Half of the voters of the United States – including a lot of smart people – voted Trump into office anyway.

Those “facts” can’t be reconciled in the minds of the anti-Trumpers. Mentally, something has to give. That’s where cognitive dissonance comes in.

There are two ways for an anti-Trumper to interpret that reality. One option is to accept that if half the public doesn’t see Trump as a dangerous monster, perhaps he isn’t. But that would conflict with a person’s self-image as being smart and well-informed in the first place. When you violate a person’s self-image, it triggers cognitive dissonance to explain-away the discrepancy.

So how do you explain-away Trump’s election if you think you are smart and you think you are well-informed and you think Trump is OBVIOUSLY a monster?

You solve for that incongruity by hallucinating – literally – that Trump supporters KNOW Trump is a monster and they PREFER the monster. In this hallucination, the KKK is not a nutty fringe group but rather a symbol of how all Trump supporters must feel. (They don’t. Not even close.)

In a rational world it would be obvious that Trump supporters include lots of brilliant and well-informed people. That fact – as obvious as it would seem – is invisible to the folks who can’t even imagine a world in which their powers of perception could be so wrong. To reconcile their world, they have to imagine all Trump supporters as defective in some moral or cognitive way, or both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Чебурашка, ты настоящий друг!
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
Scheiß Inselaffen!
mbmbmbmbmb
"Master Baiters" would have been wittier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.