GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,405 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Aces of Valor: Aerial Combat during WWI» Forums » General

Subject: Counter front and back don't fit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the aircraft counters supposed to be double-sided?
Each side has a different size .... the Damaged side is way narrower.
I am all right with the graphics, it has its own individuality, but making the counter grid uneven is a bit too bizarre, don't you think?
That means i will either have a huge load of single sided counters or i will have to invest my time into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin MacMillan
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm - I do believe they are supposed to be double-sided. Maybe the 'larger' image is supposed to fold 'around' the cardboard chit. Try gluing the narrower image to the cardboard chit/counter, then folding over the larger image onto the back (is any of this making sense? :-) ).
Similar to how you have to make aircraft counters for this game - scroll down at the images.

http://www.wargamevault.com/product/201395/Table-Air-Combat-...

Let me know how you get on - this game is solotaire and air combat - two things which get me excited!
Colin sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of them are symmetrical, some are not. I have redone them all, i couldn't cope with the production values.
I like his mouse-drawings, they are cute, what i don't get is he is not able to draw a square.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin MacMillan
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Be aware that in the files section 'Aces of Valor Examples of Play' use counters that have different graphics to those purchased files (what you get with the game).

Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.