Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The weapons to customize a mech come without shaded parts of their firing arc. I want to play a game with a customize mech but don't know what to do with the firing arcs that are all white. How do I decide their firing arcs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Alton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Paper 'Mech - winner 'Best Overall Design' in the 2016 1-page PNP Contest
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The firing arc of each weapon is dependant on which part of the 'mech you choose you mount it.

For example, the firing arc for a weapon on the right arm is always the same, no matter which weapon is mounted there

Hope that helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianni Soldati
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I play my first game.
I was confused too by the firing arc.
You should put the firing arc outside the "rectangle" of the weapons and remove it from all the weapons tiles.
So that when you customize the mech the firing arc printed on the base sheet is always vesible and not covered by the weapon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Alton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Gianni

First of all, thank you for taking the time to download and print the game!
You make an interesting point. The firing arc is always fixed for each possible different mounting point so it would make sense to have it away from the weapon box somehow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianni Soldati
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May I add something!
Just simple ideas of course!

There is another little problems from the "graphical" point of view.

The cards with the weapons have two different heights! Some of them have a few lines of descriptions at the bottom and so they are taller then the other.
When I put those taller cards on the playsheet they cover the arrows for the "spill over damage". It's not very elegant.

You should change the layout at the bottom of the playsheet so that all the four cards areas are taller. So that the arrows of the spill over damage are always visible.
And maybe make all the weapons card of the same height leaving a blank space under the weapons that don't have any description at the bottom.

One last thing! The radar have those very tiny arrows for the movement of the enemies from sector to sector. They are very tiny and the arrows with dotted line looks like the normal one...mayve the arrows could be bigger and instead of dotted lines we could have white arrors and black arrows. Just for visibility.

Sorry for the long message! I will not bother you anymore. Just a few ideas I had yesterday playing.

Bye.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Alton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem at all! I'm always happy to hear feedback.

I'll make a note of your comments. My life is pretty hectic right now, but I will get back to re-visit Paper 'Mech in the near future
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.