Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I know if you buy the 4th card, nothing moves to the fridge, otherwise the card in the 4th spot goes to the fridge, then you slide and replace. My question is that the only time a card doesn't go to the fridge? If I present a meal to the judge (and thus didn't buy a card), do you still discard the 4th card to the fridge?

2. If/when you play a card from your warming tray and it has the 'when played' icon, can you do that action? Or is it only when you play cards from your hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean stockton
msg tools
mbmb
belial1134 wrote:
1. I know if you buy the 4th card, nothing moves to the fridge, otherwise the card in the 4th spot goes to the fridge, then you slide and replace. My question is that the only time a card doesn't go to the fridge? If I present a meal to the judge (and thus didn't buy a card), do you still discard the 4th card to the fridge?

2. If/when you play a card from your warming tray and it has the 'when played' icon, can you do that action? Or is it only when you play cards from your hand?

1- Yes, no card would go to the fridge. I do't have it in front of me currently, but it's worded to the idea of the "oldest" card being the one moved in.

2- No, you cannot. A card placed in the warming tray can only be removed by including it in a recipe, or being removed by another card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pr0phetbg wrote:
belial1134 wrote:

1- Yes, no card would go to the fridge. I do't have it in front of me currently, but it's worded to the idea of the "oldest" card being the one moved in.

2- No, you cannot. A card placed in the warming tray can only be removed by including it in a recipe, or being removed by another card.

1 - Right, but in this case when you present a meal to a judge no card is purchased. Normally, if the oldest card isn't purchases it does to the fridge. So presenting a meal to a judge results in the older card not being purchases - thus does it still go to the fridge when you take that option?

2. I know when you place a card in the warming tray, you do not get the benefit...but do you get the 'when played' and 'when presenting to a judge' actions when you use them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean stockton
msg tools
mbmb
oh, i think I might have misread you the first time...

1- a card will still go to the fridge, because the four face up available cards are still on a conveyor, continually sliding one spot towards (and into) the Fridge

2- i'm really going to have to try to remember to look this up when I get home, but I'm 90% sure that while most cards have either "when purchased/when used/when used/when cooked" effects, i don't think there's any crossover. Or at least, not much of it. When Purchased is only when purchased from the Table, not the Fridge, When Played is when used from the Hand for the Effect rather then cooking or purchasing and When Cooked is Only when included in a meal. So, no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pr0phetbg wrote:
oh, i think I might have misread you the first time...

1- a card will still go to the fridge, because the four face up available cards are still on a conveyor, continually sliding one spot towards (and into) the Fridge

2- i'm really going to have to try to remember to look this up when I get home, but I'm 90% sure that while most cards have either "when purchased/when used/when used/when cooked" effects, i don't think there's any crossover. Or at least, not much of it. When Purchased is only when purchased from the Table, not the Fridge, When Played is when used from the Hand for the Effect rather then cooking or purchasing and When Cooked is Only when included in a meal. So, no.

1 - That's the way we played it. However, 95% of the time we didn't buy the card is the 4th spot so we were constantly moving a card to the fridge, sliding the remaining cards, and drawing a new card.

2 - There are some cards that have the icon for 'When preparing a meal for a judge'. They active when you play them from your hand and taking the submitting a dish for the judge action (instead of purchasing cards).

The rulebook just doesn't clarify if that also triggers when the card is coming from the warming tray and not directly from your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.