Hide
7 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Multiple Enemies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moo Cow
msg tools
Searched around, but haven't found this yet.

If I'm fighting two enemies in a mine (Mines Liberation) - I understand that you can attack the enemies as a group, but then they share resistances or you can attack them separately.

My question, though - is do I resolve one enemy token and then the other, or do I do them simultaneously?

I'm in a situation where if I can resolve one token all the way through, I can kill it and then the next token will KO me, which I'm fine with. However, if I have to do it simultaneously, then that would mean I'd have to take the damage from both tokens before being able to choose which to attack, in which case I'd get KO'd before being able to attack either and it would be a waste.

So if I have two enemies do I go -> ranged attack, ranged attack, block, block, damage, damage, attack, attack. Or do I do ranged -> block -> damage -> attack; ranged -> block -> damage -> attack?

Makes a big difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You do the phases in order:

Ranged and Siege Attack
Block
Assign Damage
Melee

You have to assign all of the damage from all unblocked surviving enemies before you inflict any melee damage yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moo Cow
msg tools
DaviddesJ wrote:
You do the phases in order:

Ranged and Siege Attack
Block
Assign Damage
Melee

You have to assign all of the damage from all unblocked surviving enemies before you inflict any melee damage yourself.

OK, that sucks hardcore. Luckily I found another way to resolve the combat that was better than either of these options, but it's important to know for next time.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moo Cow wrote:
you can attack the enemies as a group, but then they share resistances
Note that they don't share resistance, but all attacks which would be inefficient for one enemy would be inefficient for the group. Coldfire attacks are efficient against a group of fire and ice golems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also you only need to group them if you need to hit two with one card - if you can kill one with one card (or set of cards) and kill the other with another card/set, as long as there is no overlap you don't have to worry about the resistances being effectively (if not literally) shared.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boucher
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC we are allowed to decide between attacking enemies individually or as a group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barinthus wrote:
IIRC we are allowed to decide between attacking enemies individually or as a group?
Yes. In general, you want to group enemies that have common resistances as they "share"* them.

* technically they don't share, it's just that if one in the group is resistant to an element, the whole element's contribution is halved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.