Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've finally come to my senses and realized I really should support BGG.
Is there any benefit to waiting for the year-end support drive (do they still do that?), or should I just send in my money now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They usually do it, and if you wait, I think you get bonus GG if you do it during the drive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In previous years everyone who has supported in that year gets the bonus GG.

However, there are occasionally some giveaways by community members for new supporters -
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb

usually organises a rummage-o-rama, eagerly awaited by the multitudes! This was last year's: 2015 BGG Supporter Badge Drive / Rummage-O-Rama Give-Away - Free Games (some with Free Worldwide Shipping)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
Is there any benefit to waiting for the year-end support drive (do they still do that?), or should I just send in my money now?

You'll get the geekgold for donating and the yearly bonus, no matter when you donate. People who donate during the drive increase the amount of the geekgold bonus we all get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
JayJ79 wrote:

You'll get the geekgold for donating and the yearly bonus, no matter when you donate. People who donate during the drive increase the amount of the geekgold bonus we all get.

I think I may wait then, since it will only be a few weeks. Not that it makes that big of a difference either way (donating now or donating later, as long as I donate. haha).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Shevalier
Canada
Orillia
Ontario
flag msg tools
"Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing." -Henry David Thoreau
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also waiting for the support drive. Does it typically begin in December?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
indigopotter wrote:
JayJ79 wrote:

I think I may wait then, since it will only be a few weeks. Not that it makes that big of a difference either way (donating now or donating later, as long as I donate. haha).

Depending on how much you donate, if you donate now you at least get the benefit of not having to see the ads, if that's important to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
The minimum donation to get the geek gold bonus is $15.oo US. I believe you would be rewarded the geek gold as long as it is done before the end of the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
indigopotter wrote:
JayJ79 wrote:

Yeah, I always wait for the support drive too. I don't care about having the patron badge early, so there's pretty much no reason for me to support early.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
GeoffreyB wrote:
The minimum donation to get the geek gold bonus is $15.oo US. I believe you would be rewarded the geek gold as long as it is done before the end of the year.
Actually, you garner a per $$$-USD 'contributed' ALL year `round, while yes, you also are eligible for becoming a "supporter" during then in December, along with entering them various "Contests" held at the time, or additional *BONUS*. Some required anyone being a $25-'supporter' AND you also get "Block Ads" with that or more amounts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.