Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Dursch
United States
Farmersville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, when you reach level 5 and face off against "Og's Remains", all it mentions for reward is Og's Blood. This can't be the same for areas 11-14, can it? I kinda hit a stopping point at this point in my game until I figure out if reading this wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Og is the Boss Monster at the end of level 14, when you beat him a d get Ogs Blood you win! You only fight the level Boss Monster at the last area of the level. So you should only face each Boss Monster once. Not sure if I misread your question but hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dursch
United States
Farmersville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh...

I've been fighting the monster at the end of each round...

So let's say level 1, area 1, I go through each column (1-2-1-2) I then hit the boss monster. Eat my food and advance to area 2.

Now i'm in area 2, go through each column (1-2-1-2). I hit the boss monster. And keep on going...

Something tells me I just played this on a horribly difficult mode...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike yea that is not the way to go....

Level 1 Area 1 (1-2-1-2) Eat Food advance to Area 2
Area 2 (1-2-1-2) Boss Monster, Eat Food, Advance to Level 2 Area 3

It's just the Final area of the level that you need to fight the Boss Monster. If you are doing a Boss Monster in each area then you are getting way too much XP and items, thus becoming totally OP. I played wrong the first time though, I thought that each 6 XP got you a Rank, but it's at 6XP Rank 2, 18XP Rank 3, 36XP Rank 4.

The Boss Monsters and area's they are fought in are as follows:

Level 1 Area 2 Undead Giant
Level 2 Area 4 Skeleton Lord
Level 3 Area 7 Undead Lord
Level 4 Area 10 Serpent Demon
Level 5 Area 14 Og's Remains

I've been playing constantly and talking with the 2 awesome gentleman that designed it. I've been passing along info from people I've shown it to and/or forum question to them in order to help refine and clarify the rules. So if you run into anything else def post!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dursch
United States
Farmersville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did manage to find someone mention that each level is incremental. As in, the exp isn't cumulative and only 6 xp to get each rank.

And now I see I was getting far too much xp and items.

Thank you for helping me clarifying this. I believe i'm that much closer to the true game being played properly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the double character sheet its much easier for the tracking of XP. Hope you like it and keep them in mind for the Kickstarter in Spring, I've heard that there are a lot of awesome things in it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Gendron
Canada
Chambly
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fyxsius wrote:
So, when you reach level 5 and face off against "Og's Remains", all it mentions for reward is Og's Blood. This can't be the same for areas 11-14, can it? I kinda hit a stopping point at this point in my game until I figure out if reading this wrong.

Hi Michael!
First off thanks for trying out Mini Rogue, I hope you're having fun!

As Mike D. has stated, you only add the Boss Monster card in a fifth column if you are in the LAST Dungeon Area of a Level. Meaning, you only fight bosses once per Level:

Level 1 - Area 2
Level 2 - Area 4
Level 3 - Area 7
Level 4 - Area 10
Level 5 - Area 14

Hope this clarifies your question. Once you beat the game on Normal difficulty it's time to graduate to Hard! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy crap! I'm glad I happened on this post...playing it wrong.
I know this is a minimalistic design, but I'm gonna make a few more cards as reminders at to what happens in each "last" room. Like a count down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it wrongly too! I was fighting a boss in hEACH area. Now I understand why it was so HARD! Thanks for clarifying it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.