Subject: Favorite Aerial Combat Games...Not a Geeklist! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark "The Real Deal"
Canada
winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Any of the Down in Flames series from GMT games. They rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Hoffmann
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now Hard Vacuum is my favorite, but I also like Wings of War: Famous Aces and the quick start rules from Whistling Death.

I'm looking forward to Wings of War: The Dawn of World War II.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Humphries
Philippines
Unspecified
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Favorite: Wings (basically the WW1 adaptation of Air Force)

Looking forward to trying Downtown: Air War Over Hanoi, 1965-1972 and The Burning Blue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forest Cole
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fav: Burning Blue

Most Anticipated: Elusive Victory

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Drake
United States
Picayune
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Favorite: Scramble! by A&A Games,WW2 aerial combat

Most anticipated:Check Your Six!

http://mysite.verizon.net/fisherts/skirmishcampaigns/cy6/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Stever
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Favorite: Dawn Patrol (Fight in the Skies)

Most Anticipated: Dawn Patrol, 8th Edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Skadar wrote:
I have a tough time getting myself to play aerial combat board games. I simply can't justify it when I have a PC that can render that era in exacting, immersive detail. For the very same reason, the board game Frag makes me go "Waahhhhh?". Why would you play Frag when you can load up Unreal Tournament?

Two reasons off the top of my head...

1) Unless you have a bunch of players come over with the game loaded on their laptop, you're playing solo. Even if online... there's little social interaction.

2) If it's a shoot'em flight sim, I'll stop playing because my reflexes suck. No such limitation in a board game.

This is not to say the video game is a bad thing... it has it's place. It's just not a replacement for the more cerebral style wargame, excluding RTS games... but then they don't have the tactile element I also enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My personal favorite? "Crimson Skies" from FASA. I absolutely love that game. I'm not nearly so fond of the Wizkids version, but those fighters are in perfect scale for use in the FASA game.

The upcoming one I'm most looking forward to? Hmm, well, I guess "Wings of War" looks interesting, and the biplanes certainly look nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yan zeng
China
flag msg tools
hello,i just watch what you have write.so i support you.But would you do me a favor .Now i just apply for a new site which is especially for game player,so if you are just one of them,you will be the first preson who wil visit my site.Also you can invite your friends to come to have a look.The site is WWW.RS2RS2.COM.Remember now .Thank you very much!laughlaughlaugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is interested, I have Ace of Aces: Handy Rotary Deluxe Edition and I'll never play it. I am definitely open for trades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Schirtzinger
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
asgelb wrote:
Aerodromeand Aerodrome IIseem good also, though I have not played them.

Wow, sort of shocked me to see pictures of some of my convention Aerodrome events here on the geek. I was not aware minatures were included here on BGG.

Aerodrome is a very fun and simple game. It is a game, not a simulation. It can easily be played on a board system or as a miniatures game. It has similarities to Blue Max.

While I'm partial to WWI games, one of the posters in this thread is correct, RAF, a solitaire WWII game is good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |