Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spartacus' relationships (June Spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
We have four characters named Spartacus, Spartacus, Spartacus, and Spartacus.

Spartacus and Spartacus are co-workers. Spartacus and Spartacus are rivals, as well as Spartacus and Spartacus.

Therefore, on both of the Spartacus' character cards, it states that Spartacus is rivals with Spartacus, and co-workers with Spartacus.

So are Spartacus and Spartacus both rivals and co-workers?

If not, is Spartacus rivals with Spartacus, Spartacus or Spartacus? How could you tell which Spartacus Spartacus was rivals with?

Sincerely,
Spartacus

Note: Please don't insist characters have different names. Many people in this world have the same name, and if all the characters claim to be Spartacus, who I am to deny them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
I'm unsure if this is bloody stupid, or an intriguing omission from the rules.

But I'm leaning towards the former. :-p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yes, but is it bloody stupid enough that it just might work?

Unrelated, but are Lost characters still considered characters? Say, for the purposes of (Box 6 Spoilers)
Spoiler (click to reveal)
being the traitor
or New Assignment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could have easily have written it down as 'has a relationship with the medic' 'is rivals with the scientist' and so on, so any difficulty here is purely of your own creation (if true).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
doctorsandwich wrote:
Unrelated, but [...]

Earlier in the year, I put together a list of "infrequently asked questions" and Matt Leacock was kind enough to answer them. Those questions are covered, and a lot of other things besides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BathTubNZ wrote:
You could have easily have written it down as 'has a relationship with the medic' 'is rivals with the scientist' and so on, so any difficulty here is purely of your own creation (if true).

The rules say to fill the blank with the name of the other character in the relationship, though.

clivej wrote:
doctorsandwich wrote:
Unrelated, but [...]

Earlier in the year, I put together a list of "infrequently asked questions" and Matt Leacock was kind enough to answer them. Those questions are covered, and a lot of other things besides.

Thanks. So the answer is yes, huh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say that trying to abuse relationships by naming your characters the same thing is just abusing the spirit of the rules. Perhaps the rules should prevent naming characters the same thing, or require that you disambiguate between same-named characters with their roles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Blum
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Poor Spartacus. Always being overshadowed in the law firm; Spartacus, Spartacus, Spartacus & Spartacus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camilo North
msg tools
The way I see it, the relationship is with the character, not the name. The strangeness in semantics may add confusion but doesn't actually alter the meaning of the relationships. When you created Spartacus and made them rivals with Spartacus, you were creating a relationship for Spartacus and Spartacus, not Spartacus. Consider a real world example: If my biological mother is Spartacus, that doesn't mean Spartacus, Spartacus, and Spartacus are also my biological mothers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.