Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of Nimrod's tactics cards is:

Teleport and Incarcerate
Fight: Choose [Star] or [Slash]. Then, reveal the top card of the Hero deck. If that card has that icon, gain that card and Teleport it.

If the top card of the Hero deck is Silver Surfer's:

Energy Surge
Double the [Star] you have.

Do you gain it and Teleport it? Energy Surge has no Star or Slash icons on the lower left, where they normally appear, but it does have a Star icon in the description of its ability.

I think the intent of the card is that the icon that you choose is supposed to be in the "traditional" spot on the card. Energy Surge has no icons over there, so I don't think you can count it. However, it does have a Star icon elsewhere on the card, so maybe it does count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
As the rulings tend toward literalistic, I would say it counts.

BTW: It's also relevant for Drax's rare, Avatar of Destruction, which doubles the amount of attack you have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish they had put a Star icon in the lower left with a 0 on it, like they've done for some cards. That would make the answer much more obvious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James A.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Nimrod card is referring to the standard Lower Left position on the card - I would rule that you don't gain the card.

I think that unless a card explicitly requires looking at other portions of the card (case in point, some cards in the new Deadpool expansion per that expansion's rules), it won't count. My opinion - open to other thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ducko Kaiju
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
randomlife wrote:
If that card has that icon, gain that card and Teleport it.

The card has that icon... you gain and teleport.

The card doesn't have an option if there is neither... so I would say it counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CircX wrote:
I think the Nimrod card is referring to the standard Lower Left position on the card - I would rule that you don't gain the card.

I think that unless a card explicitly requires looking at other portions of the card (case in point, some cards in the new Deadpool expansion per that expansion's rules), it won't count. My opinion - open to other thoughts.

I agree with this. It doesn't say "anywhere" on the card so my vote is that it wouldn't count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
CircX wrote:

I agree with this. It doesn't say "anywhere" on the card so my vote is that it wouldn't count.

I concur!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I felt like this has come up before in regards to Spider-Woman's cards that reference icons, but I wasn't able to find anything.

And then I remembered to check the PtTR rules sheet:

Quote:
Venom Blast: “If that card has a * icon...” refers to having the big *
icon in the lower-left. So Venom Blast doesn’t draw more copies of Venom Blast or Pickpocket.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ah, there it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.