Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the money you've pledged has been put into development costs for the game and it's components, not to mention around 8-9% of the KS pledge is lost in fees, I would say it was highly unlikely a complete or even partial refund would be on offer at this point.

If it were a pre-order running late, perhaps it might be considered, but this is a kickstarter project, and money allocated to it is generally considered non-refundable, without an exceptional reason for it to be returned. That said, I don't work for Greenbrier, so they may present a different take, but I would be amazed if they offered one at this stage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there some particular reason you're backing away from this one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
A better way to find out is to contact Greenbriar directly and ask. Last I knew, they were allowing people to cancel their order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMzchf wrote:

There is nothing wrong with Folklore itself, it looks like a sweet game. But I'd rather spend the money on the upcomming Kickstarter of the Kingdom Death: Monster reprint. I can buy Folklore later at retail (it is not likley that KDM will hit retail).

But I do not regret backing Folklore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
solod
msg tools
mbmb
You might have a shot at changing your pledge level. There's a bunch of cool swag in the top tier but in terms of gameplay and content their really is not much difference between a base pledge and the top pledge. Maybe they have not started manufacturing all the top level swag. Asking for your money back at this point kind of goes against what Kickstarter is about. Its crowdfunding and you have agreed to help fund someone's creative project.

Now if Greenbriar if the project was being mismanaged and there was a good chance it would not come to light then that would be a whole different story. They have been great and handling the kickstarter so far so I feel very good about pledging my money to this project. Taking that away from them at this point would be going back on your promise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
eatem wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:

There is nothing wrong with Folklore itself, it looks like a sweet game. But I'd rather spend the money on the upcomming Kickstarter of the Kingdom Death: Monster reprint. I can buy Folklore later at retail (it is not likley that KDM will hit retail).

Totally get it. KDM requires a second mortgage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMzchf wrote:
eatem wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:

KDM aka the devourer of other ks pledges.

I'm in the opposite position. I was considering KDM, but it's too dark/mature-themed for my tastes and I'm considering late pledging Folklore instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
horfrost3 wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:
eatem wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:

KDM aka the devourer of other ks pledges.

I'm in the opposite position. I was considering KDM, but it's too dark/mature-themed for my tastes and I'm considering late pledging Folklore instead.

Well I kept my Folklore pledge after all (And pledged for KDM hehe)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
eatem wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:

Requesting a cancellation to back another KS is always denied for refunds. This goes against the entire spirit of kickstarter, and as others have stated, most funds have already been spent/allocated at this stage of development.

Refunds are a huge PITA. They can only be done manually, require alot of research into the account(Ks funds, Paypal funds, removal from, paper trail of every message associated), and generally take time away from our development of the project. We do provide refunds in a select few cases, but you have to have a god sob story, and also deal with upwards of a 10% processing fee(b/s both KS and paypal have already cashed their percentages).

that being said, if you or your spouse lost their job, or some other calamity occurred, we'll take the time to work with you.

In closing though, KDM is a super sweet game. I have my 1.0 copy, and backed the new one for the 1.4 upgrade. The theme is VERY different from Folklore, but I absolutely love the settlement management, crafting, and looming death around every corner. The story-moment mechanics of KDM are somewhat similar to folklore though, wherein stuff will happen and the book will say to turn to page X to see what the outcome of your decision is(sometimes with unexpected results).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I would not have asked if they did not offer it, but I decided to keep it anyway (see the post above yours). And I have backed KDM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zeeparkes wrote:

Refunds are a huge PITA. They can only be done manually, require alot of research into the account(Ks funds, Paypal funds, removal from, paper trail of every message associated), and generally take time away from our development of the project.

I don't doubt any of that, but IMHO if your project has moved out from behind the walled-garden of KickStarter and you're currently taking reduced pricing pre-orders from the general public, refunds should be issued to anyone - no questions asked. And as far as I know, anyone can still pre-order Folklore through 12/31/16.

Again, IMHO of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.