Popular Tags: [View All]
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would it break the game to create a completely random codex so that the starting cards don't necessarily match with any of the heroes? I read in the rules that one hero is supposed to be the "leader" hero and that the starting cards should match that hero.

On a different note, anyone find a particular combination of heroes that they really enjoy playing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bbblasterfire wrote:
Would it break the game to create a completely random codex so that the starting cards don't necessarily match with any of the heroes? I read in the rules that one hero is supposed to be the "leader" hero and that the starting cards should match that hero.

On a different note, anyone find a particular combination of heroes that they really enjoy playing?

Do you mean "completely random" as in I might end up with a Red, White, and Blue Hero, but with the Purple Starter? Or do you mean I might end up with a Red, White, and Blue Hero, and with 10 completely random starting cards from across all colors?

If the former, I think you'll pretty much be fine, balance-wise, as long as you drop the off-color gold penalties. Sure, there could be a little weirdness, but it would be within the bounds of sanity I'd bet.

If it's the latter, it could be pretty unbalanced, yeah. Individual starting cards are not even remotely balanced against each other. The balance is pretty much "starting deck vs starting deck", not "card vs card".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://codexcarddb.com/deck/growth/anarchy/strength
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonwocky wrote:
bbblasterfire wrote:

Do you mean "completely random" as in I might end up with a Red, White, and Blue Hero, but with the Purple Starter? Or do you mean I might end up with a Red, White, and Blue Hero, and with 10 completely random starting cards from across all colors?

If the former, I think you'll pretty much be fine, balance-wise, as long as you drop the off-color gold penalties. Sure, there could be a little weirdness, but it would be within the bounds of sanity I'd bet.

If it's the latter, it could be pretty unbalanced, yeah. Individual starting cards are not even remotely balanced against each other. The balance is pretty much "starting deck vs starting deck", not "card vs card".

I meant the former. I'm not that crazy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hauge
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bbblasterfire wrote:

I don't know if anyone's tried!

The starter deck is supposed to match the color of one of the three specs you're using. One reason for this, from a gameplay perspective, is the multicolor penalty: if your starter deck doesn't match any of your heroes, you pay the multicolor penalty on every spell you cast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.