Jerry
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Chiptext reads: "Trash a would from your hand or discard pile.
If you do + -> and ante a 1 into each opposing gem pile".

If my opponent plays Burning Vigor and I shield it with "Thinking Ahead": Trash this chip to become immune to a devil chip", what happens?

"Repeated Jabs"

"Ante a 1 into each opposing gem pile. You may put this chip on top of your bag."

If I shield it, what gets shielded? WHEN is the chip put on top of the bag? When it's bought? Used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Your opponent will get the extra action. You will not get a 1-gem into your gem pile.

2. All the text on the chip is relevant only when being played, not when being bought. If you defend against that attack, you will not get a 1-gem into your gem pile. Regardless of whether any opponents defended against that attack, the player who played Repeated Jabs gets the opportunity to place that chip on top of his bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rabid Schnauzer
msg tools
Campaigner wrote:
If my opponent plays Burning Vigor and I shield it with "Thinking Ahead": Trash this chip to become immune to a devil chip", what happens?

If they have no wound to trash, then the attack will not effect you and therefore you cannot :blueshield: react, but they get the draw and action arrows.

If they do trash a wound, you then become immune to the part which would effect you and no gem is anted into your gempile, but they get the draw and action arrows.

Quote:

"Repeated Jabs"

If I shield it, what gets shielded? WHEN is the chip put on top of the bag? When it's bought? Used?

Okay, first of all, there are a number of BlueShield reaction which do not grant immunity, so "gets shielded" is nonsense terminology.

But if you react to a Repeated Jabs using Thinking Ahead or Bubble Shield or Blues are Good or Always in Control -- then those reactions make you immune to a :Redfist Attack:, so you become immune to the part of Repeated Jabs which would effect you. This means that once again no gem would be anted into your gempile, but once again the person playing the :redfist: attack would get to do everything else the chip says. In this case the only other thing the chip says is that when played it may be put on top of your (the person playing Repeated Jabs) bag.

And just to restate, it's put on top of the bag when played -- if the person playing it decides to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.