Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Order of the Gilded Compass» Forums » Rules

Subject: Please clarify A Dual Map for me rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
"At the end of the game, the player may assign either 1 Specialist tile that matches either color or 1 Cartographer and 1 Excavator - each of a different color shown."

Does this mean I can assign 2 correctly colored Cartographers or 2 correctly colored Excavators or 1 of each to the Mission tile?


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
schnel wrote:
"At the end of the game, the player may assign either 1 Specialist tile that matches either color or 1 Cartographer and 1 Excavator - each of a different color shown."

Does this mean I can assign 2 correctly colored Cartographers or 2 correctly colored Excavators or 1 of each to the Mission tile?




1 of each.

They are very similar to ancient maps except it's two different colors and I do not believe you can assign magical items (from the Hidden Temple - if it's in play) to it because the rules say 'as long
as they are assigned to an Ancient Map' and the dual maps are 'Mission Tiles'.
Although I wouldn't mind the designer/publisher confirming that

Example: Purple and Orange Dual Map.
You could place a Purple Cartographer and an Orange Excavators

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
belial1134 wrote:
schnel wrote:
"At the end of the game, the player may assign either 1 Specialist tile that matches either color or 1 Cartographer and 1 Excavator - each of a different color shown."

Does this mean I can assign 2 correctly colored Cartographers or 2 correctly colored Excavators or 1 of each to the Mission tile?




1 of each.

They are very similar to ancient maps except it's two different colors and I do not believe you can assign magical items (from the Hidden Temple - if it's in play) to it because the rules say 'as long
as they are assigned to an Ancient Map' and the dual maps are 'Mission Tiles'.
Although I wouldn't mind the designer/publisher confirming that :)

Example: Purple and Orange Dual Map.
You could place a Purple Cartographer and an Orange Excavators



That's what I would have guessed. I just can't understand why the description says assign either 1 Specialist tile that matches either color *OR* 1 Cartographer and 1 Excavator...

Maybe something got lost in translation.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Reissmann
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
schnel wrote:
belial1134 wrote:
schnel wrote:
"At the end of the game, the player may assign either 1 Specialist tile that matches either color or 1 Cartographer and 1 Excavator - each of a different color shown."

Does this mean I can assign 2 correctly colored Cartographers or 2 correctly colored Excavators or 1 of each to the Mission tile?




1 of each.

They are very similar to ancient maps except it's two different colors and I do not believe you can assign magical items (from the Hidden Temple - if it's in play) to it because the rules say 'as long
as they are assigned to an Ancient Map' and the dual maps are 'Mission Tiles'.
Although I wouldn't mind the designer/publisher confirming that

Example: Purple and Orange Dual Map.
You could place a Purple Cartographer and an Orange Excavators



That's what I would have guessed. I just can't understand why the description says assign either 1 Specialist tile that matches either color *OR* 1 Cartographer and 1 Excavator...

Maybe something got lost in translation.
I think that the way it's worded is pretty clear. There are two options for what you can assign to the tile at the end of the game. One option is to assign one Cartographer and one Excavator just as you can with an Ancient Map only in this case they can't both be of the same color. They each have to be of a different color represented on the map. The other option is to only assign one specialist (either a Cartographer or an Excavator) that matches either of the colors shown on the map.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.