Corey Clark
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
The people who are STILL defending the actions of Hillary Clinton (or Trump for that matter) are some of the most nihilistic and dissipated people alive right now. Let me clue you kids in. Politics is not sports. You don't cheer on the home team regardless of whether the quarterback is doping, the linebacker is having an affair and one of the receivers is a known coke fiend. Its not about getting drunk on commradery and self-righteousness in some peer-group. The stakes are too high for that shit, especially when we're talking the office of POTUS. Politics is a subtle and endlessly complex and participation in that process requires subtle and complex attitudes and engagement with it. This means you don't have to necessarily try to defend the candidate you are voting for; especially if the candidate is as indefensible as either of these two. If you went to the polls with a big grin on your face then I doubt very much you voted responsibly. If you ignored the wikileaks then you didn't vote responsibly. If you thought Trump was the messiah then you didn't vote responsibly. If you were a democrat and you voted for Trump because you understood that antagonizing Russia on national TV and threatening to create a no-fly zone in Russian controlled airspace was a recipe for disaster then congratulations you cracked the election code. If you voted for Jill Stein or Johnson because you felt that there was not much point in prefering one of the major candidates over the other then I totally don't blame you. I think if you put all the most enthusiastic supporters on Mars and quarantined them from the rest of humanity the collective moral fiber of the world would be improved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
>sauron<-"Puss*GRAB*MON!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oldies but Goodies ... Avalon Hill and
msg tools
mbmbmb
Probably true, but it solves no problems. I give credit to those on the left who disavowed Clinton and those on the right who disavowed Trump. However, there weren't enough of them to prevent us having to choose between Rock and Hard Place. The rest are convinced that only their thoroughly-flawed candidate could have saved us from disaster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Clark
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
SPIGuy wrote:
Probably true, but it solves no problems. I give credit to those on the left who disavowed Clinton and those on the right who disavowed Trump. However, there weren't enough of them to prevent us having to choose between Rock and Hard Place. The rest are convinced that only their thoroughly-flawed candidate could have saved us from disaster.

I can only describe it as the most uncanny case of the Nash equilibrium that happened in my time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.