Subject: What will Trump do to worsen the racial divide? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you think he will do?
It seems like probably most of you think he will, how will he do it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
any policy increasing the wealth gap between the rich and the poor will also increase the racial divide - also trump could spew some more racist rhetoric like he did on the campaign trail (but i think thats unlikely)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YUUUGELY BOMBASTISCALLY, The best dividedness america can buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Enable "oil pipelines" across/through property of yet another's in-actual-'spite' or from objections of their occupants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

Hard to say. He loves being "unpredictable". At the very least he may continue to be insensitive to non-white ethnicities and non christine religious denominations in his speeches and tweets. Merely being elected has emboldened some Americans to step up their expressions of racial animus. He may pick judges that are as indifferent as he is to prejudicial behavior thus undermining potential redress for actual harm in the courts. He may appoint someone to the EEOC whose priority is mollifying people while taking little measurable action.

Indifference has many modes of expression.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
any policy increasing the wealth gap between the rich and the poor will also increase the racial divide - also trump could spew some more racist rhetoric like he did on the campaign trail (but i think thats unlikely)

Only black people are poor and only white people are rich?
IS that it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
growlley wrote:
YUUUGELY BOMBASTISCALLY, The best dividedness america can buy.

Is that an executive order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Clark
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Probably nothing now that his rabid republican base has gotten him elected. He's a money man. He doesn't care about any of these social issues very much. If he really wants to do something about immigration accross the southern border it will be for economic and demographic reasons. He's already starting to backpedal on the wall issue. Trump himself is probably not nearly as racist as his alt-right brigade would like him to be. Maybe he's even a little less racist than Clinton! At any rate if he wants reelection he needs to focuss on industry or else he's going to lose the rust belt. I predict he will be pivotting like a motherfucker now so he can maintain the states he flipped and maybe even pick up new ones like Virginia and Illinois since Arizona could be lost due to demographic shifts. I'm just not convinced Trump's racism was very genuine. He just knew what it would take to stir up certain elements of the voting base. That was still a really irresponsible thing to do but the damage is done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
TheDashi wrote:
IS that it?

why do you say such racist things~
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
IS that it?

Then what do you mean?>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

Anything that gets "worse" with the racial divides in this country will come from the Soros/Obama/Clinton camp. We're seeing the opening moves of this strategy, as they try to keep minorities angry over the "stolen" election (never mind the fact that their own candidate stole the nomination from Sanders).

We'll see if it lasts. Having good paying jobs goes a long way towards making people less willing to riot and break things. This is something I'm hoping Trump will be able to deliver.

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
TheDashi wrote:
single sentences wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
IS that it?

Then what do you mean?>

due to centuries of racial discrimination (maybe you heard of slavery) black people are trailing behind in terms of wealth accumulation - and would only be slowed down further by traditional republican policies that hamper social mobility and only allow wealth distribution along family lines

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think he'll do it by signing legislation, but by how his behavior emboldens people to be gigantic racists. 4chan leaving the internet, to show up on people's faces.

When it comes to bigotry, words become actions, and other people's words make us think that we can also say the same things too.

I'd not be surprised if, the next time we have a ferguson-style situation, some black people decide that the federal government isn't with them either, and decide that they are the ones that need 2nd amendment protections, and we see something that is not too far from the black panthers.

It could get really ugly and all Trump has to do is be Trump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
single sentences wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
IS that it?

Then what do you mean?>

due to centuries of racial discrimination (maybe you heard of slavery) black people are trailing behind in terms of wealth accumulation - and would only be slowed down further by traditional republican policies that hamper social mobility and only allow wealth distribution along family lines

So it is Trumps fault for the last 200 years?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
TheDashi wrote:
single sentences wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
single sentences wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
IS that it?

Then what do you mean?>

i would be more than happy if trump tried something new instead of the same old conservative ideas - but i assume the republican controlled congress would rather stick with their proven policies (proven not to work that is)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
single sentences wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
single sentences wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
IS that it?

Then what do you mean?>

i would be more than happy if trump tried something new instead of the same old conservative ideas - but i assume the republican controlled congress would rather stick with their proven policies (proven not to work that is)

You really think he is just going to hop on the republican train and go along with them?
Yeah, we will see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

My personal guess is not much more. The rhetoric served it's purpose and can now be tossed away the way every other inconvenient thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

My personal guess is not much more. The rhetoric served it's purpose and can now be tossed away the way every other inconvenient thing.

Don't know about that, he seems about to name Steve Bannon of Breitbart fame as Chief of Staff. Putting the man running the unofficial platform of the Alt Right in that position will only further legitimize the anti immigrant white supremacist voices in the country
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.