Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donald Belanger
Canada
Brockville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Hi, we just played a game where a player had the Butcher and the Archbishop annexes built. He was able to kill several rank 0 guests per turn, then bury them all the next. Also, with this combo could you also kill ALL the peasants available in a single turn as well? Does this seem like a legal move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm not mistaken, the butcher's ability allows him to kill guests, and peasants aren't guests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris schott
United States
saint louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two types of guests, travelers and peasants.

Edit: I think you played correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Barbati
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spacerx wrote:
There are two types of guests, travelers and peasants.

Edit: I think you played correctly.

There is a specific provision for the Butcher on page 7 of the rulebook: "Warning: This effect only applies to Travelers in rooms, not to Peasants." So, no, you can NOT kill all peasants in a single move using the Butcher.

Other than that, the combo is correct. But beware: you always need enough room to bury all the corpses. Since a level 0 corpse doesn't bring you much money, it's not such a great idea to bury several of them under your annexes. Instead, it might be more interesting (and mean) to bury those low-value corpses under your opponents' annexes and force them to bury theirs under your annexes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Belanger
Canada
Brockville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.