Subject: ~27% Chance of a Dragon Attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
The Dungeon Deck is 100 cards. 26 of these cards have the Dragon Attack symbol triggering a dragon attack.

The Dungeon Row starts with six cards, none of which have the Dragon Attack symbol. So there is over a 27% chance (26/94) that the first card bought and replaced from the Dungeon Row will trigger a dragon attack. Card counters can track the factors that tweak the probability a subsequent draw will trigger an attack as the game progresses.

20 Monster (red) cards - 13 with Dragon Attack symbols
10 Devices (purple) cards - 1 with a Dragon Attack symbol
Blue cards:
25 Companions - 2 with Dragon Attack symbols
9 Gems - 9 with Dragon Attack symbols
36 other (not labeled) - 1 with a Dragon Attack symbol

Probabilities may average out in the long run but any given game can deviate significantly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem I have is not with the frequency of the dragon attacks but that they really don't do anything. Players work to get rid of their stumble cards ASAP and then refuse to take any cards that add clank. Some players manage to go through the dungeon without making hardly any clank. They may only have half a dozen cubes in the bag for the whole game.

How does everyone deal with the players that avoid clank altogether? I wonder if more Tattle cards would help with this or something that would give players clank whether they want it or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:
The problem I have is not with the frequency of the dragon attacks but that they really don't do anything. Players work to get rid of their stumble cards ASAP and then refuse to take any cards that add clank. Some players manage to go through the dungeon without making hardly any clank. They may only have half a dozen cubes in the bag for the whole game.

How does everyone deal with the players that avoid clank altogether? I wonder if more Tattle cards would help with this or something that would give players clank whether they want it or not.

The obvious way to do that would be to not bother getting rid of Clank yourself, get an artifact ASAP by moving fast and buying move cards, then leave and set the dragon on them.

That's what I saw yesterday, in fact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poshniallo wrote:
shadowsclassic wrote:

The obvious way to do that would be to not bother getting rid of Clank yourself, get an artifact ASAP by moving fast and buying move cards, then leave and set the dragon on them.

But the problem with that is as above, there is simply not enough clank in the back to kill them sometimes. Maybe a house rule that when the first player exits the castle all other players have to add all their remaining clank to the bag?

Do you guys not have this problem with players avoiding getting a lot of clank in the bag? Am I missing a rule or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:
poshniallo wrote:
shadowsclassic wrote:

But the problem with that is as above, there is simply not enough clank in the back to kill them sometimes. Maybe a house rule that when the first player exits the castle all other players have to add all their remaining clank to the bag?

Do you guys not have this problem with players avoiding getting a lot of clank in the bag? Am I missing a rule or something?

On the last space of the track at the top of the castle, you KO all the other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poshniallo wrote:
shadowsclassic wrote:
poshniallo wrote:
shadowsclassic wrote:

On the last space of the track at the top of the castle, you KO all the other players.

Right, but that's only if they are not out of the dungeon right? You have to be really greedy or have some really bad cards if you can't get out before the first player gets to the end.

Usually in my games players dance around the treasures and then suddenly someone will grab one and it's like they fired off a starters gun! Everyone grabs a treasure and makes a mad dash for the exit. It's like a race from then on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.