- Amazing, innovative combat system (I expect to see this again in copycats). Best part of the game by far.
- The way the trog AI in a 2-3 player game simulates commando forces is fantastic. Really feels like they're lurking in ambush and scuttling away to return if not wiped out.
- Plays fast
- 3 asymmetric races that are very different and smash faces in very different, fun ways
- box art
- overall game structure (icon selection, scoring)
- Those pilgrims, man - what are these crystal-junkies doing in my face-smashing game? Super frustrating to play if you want to smash face (it's DoaM, amirite?). I get having a faction for puzzle/euro-lovers but you can't just swap them out in anything other'n 2p.
- Lots of rules confusion not covered in rulebook initially
I would love to see the expansion bring in other factions to swap out the pilgrims, but alas this is not the case.