Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Jordan
United Kingdom
Westbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I acquired my "second hand" copy of this game from the UK games expo this year as an item received for my efforts as a volunteer. I assume this was one of the games that the organisers played to review for the awards or was used to demo on the stand.

My copy of this game is roughly cut around the doors (you can see the red line. I thought that I'd compare this to images on here and noticed that my cards are different. On further inspection I noticed that the art work on the walls is also slightly different (the floors seem to be the same). I also only have rules printed on A4.

It does not match the images taken of the demo version, so I guess it was not from there. I've uploaded images to show (have a look at the walls up close).

I'm just wondering what I have and why the art was changed on the walls. Were the dimensions of the game changed and is the wall height different perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't this the original, first edition, the latvian one? The identity cards are the biggest clue.

Edit: actually scratch that, mine are the same. The back artwork and the board artwork is indeed slightly different, but kinda too polished for a prototype?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Egils Grasmanis
Latvia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi!
I do confirm that this is one of the few last prototypes we had. We submitted this copy for the UK Games Expo Awards as the games were not produced for the submission time. We can surely replace your handmade proto with a new copy
Cheers,
Egils
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jordan
United Kingdom
Westbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response. So I do have a prototype

Are you saying you want your prototype back for a new one?

So, are the dimensions different?
Out of interest why were the small changes made in the wall art?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Egils Grasmanis
Latvia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well - if you would like to change it for a new copy - we can do that. Its up to you
The changes on the wall were literally made in the last minute because of the specific production - it was not possible to guarantee a perfect match of the drawings on the walls between the outer and inner sheets. Thats why we had to make the art on the walls smaller and leave space and avoid mismatches. In fact - I think your prototype has the overlay on the outside of the box. The original games have the overlay on the inside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.