$5.00
$30.00
Jörg Pabst
Germany
Eschborn
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi,

my Wife and I play only against the Overlord (App) we have the Corebox.

The Monsters are cool but we want more ;o)

Wich Box or Boxes are an good investment.

Thanks for your help and

best wishes

Joerg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lots of other posts just like this one.

answer is research what you like the look of what you want to play with ..
bigger the box bigger the bang..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kallan Greybe
msg tools
There are a lot of posts dealing with this so it's a good idea to look them up. You can also Google Descent 2E Wiki for a good resource to see what's inside each expansion.

Briefly though, there are several types:

1. big box
2. small box
3. hero and monster collections
4. lieutenant figures
5. co-op campaigns.

That's the order in terms of amount of bang for your buck: 1 has the most stuff, 5 has least, but each kind of expansion has different things in it. 1 big box, 1 small box and 1 lieutenant pack will get you a little bit of everything.

When getting a small box, think carefully before getting Mists of Bilehall and The Chains that Rust because they only have things for Overlords and more experienced groups. Other than that you can't really go wrong with any of the expansions. If you *really* get stuck, buy in order of when they were released: I did and I haven't regretted it.

Last thing, if all you're doing is playing with the app, the advice is a bit different. A big box expansion is only a little bit better than the small box for app play because a lot of things inside, like the campaign book or overlord decks, don't get used. This also means the hero and monster collections become very attractive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Jannin
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also look inside the app at the collection section and check each one as own to see what they bring to the gameplay.
And decide with what you're looking for to be added : heroes, monsters, delves levels, conditions, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As said here and elsewhere, if you are just playing the app (either RtL or as the Delve), the hero and monster collections will quickly help relieve the repetition of the same heroes facing the same monsters.

The small and larger box expansions (EXCEPT for Mists and Chains) will give you more heroes and monsters AND additional heroes classes (2 for small exp, 4 for the large ones) and open up new side quests in the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.