Popular Tags: [View All]
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So mate and I played our first game today.

What is the sort of game times people are getting on 2 players after several plays?

could we get it down to a smooth hour and a half?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starkiller
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If my wife and I play it fairly frequently, that's about what we are looking at.

When we played it 2-3 times a week, we had it down to an hour and 15, including setup/teardown.
(You have to have a organizer box for ship parts in order to pull that off.)

That said, an hour and a half is pretty easy to get to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find this game goes too quickly - can't understand how people are taking so long. Seriously a 2-player game takes about 45 minutes for us. I'm actively looking for ways to make it longer and deeper, to be worth the effort of setting it up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
With GMT counter trays for ship parts making for super quick setup, we play two player games in an hour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mick_whyte wrote:
So mate and I played our first game today.

What is the sort of game times people are getting on 2 players after several plays?

could we get it down to a smooth hour and a half?

Depends on what you consider game time.

If you consider "From opening the box for setup to closing the box after cleanup" then it would only be likely if you have a very convenient storage solution, particularly with game trays for the Upgrade Tiles.

I have a pretty well optimized solution (seperate boxes per Race, trays and so on, cubeholder frames for the player sheets, etc.) and take about 20-30 minutes for setup and race selection (incl. player setup).

Otherwise it mostly depends on players playstyles. Decisive and/or casual player will take about 20 Minutes of actual playtime per player throughout the game, more competitive AND analysis prone players can take over 3 times that on a regular basis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.